Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Upgrading to W-7 from W7 RC, original syst vista home basic

I installed the W7 Beta and then W7 RC on a laptop that had Vista Home Basic on it. I preorderd the W7 Professional because I wanted the Windows XP compatability. Will this be possible or would Microsoft limit me to the Home program??
Samhill30

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Upgrading to W-7 from W7 RC, original syst vista home basic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Upgrading to W-7 from W7 RC, original syst vista home basic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure what the question is.

In reply to: Upgrading to W-7 from W7 RC, original syst vista home basic

As far as I know, you can order and install whichever flavor of Windows 7 you wish.

Or may be I misunderstood your question?

Mark

Collapse -
Upgrading to W7 Pro from Vista HOme basic

In reply to: Not sure what the question is.

I did not know if one could install as an Upgrade any version of W7 from a computer that had Vista Home Basic to begin with even after putting W7 Rc on it. I do realize if one is starting from scratch one could put any version of windows 7. I had read someplace that the UPgrade from a lower version of Vista might be a problem.

Thank you for the reply.

Collapse -
Release Candidate

In reply to: Not sure what the question is.

I have been running the release candidate for the past few months. What happens when this Oct. 22 release of Windows 7 happens? Will my release candidate just die or will it tell me to buy a Windows 7? Which version do I buy, home or professional? Will I need to do a clean sweep since I already have this release candidate?

Thanks,

Collapse -
You can upgrade from

In reply to: Upgrading to W-7 from W7 RC, original syst vista home basic

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.