Question

Upgrading myrouter

I was thinking of upgrading my wireless router. I was watching some of the Cnet video reviews on routers and one pointed out that you could use the usb port on the back of the router to connect your printer so other printers on the network can print without first having to go through another computer. That did not sound right to me. Any thoughts? Can this be done?
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Upgrading myrouter
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Upgrading myrouter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Printer port? Yep.

But only if your router supports it. Not all routers do. Since only you know the make and model of your router . . .

As far as sharing a printer goes, and easier solution is to connect the printer to the main PC, then share it over your network. Just turn on printer sharing, then look for it on the other PCs. Works for me for several years. 'Course, this PC must be on for the other PC to see it. Mine is.

- Collapse -
Thanks a ton!

Even I will do this so that it will be worth effective for me to get over this issue.

CNET Forums