Phones forum

General discussion

Upgrading from Treo 300 to Treo 650 HELP PLEASE

by diorio / July 11, 2005 2:26 PM PDT

I am upgrading from a Treo 300 to Treo 650 and find the new phone somewhat cumbersome to use in the phone mode as compared to my old trusty (but limited) Treo 300. I am in need of some advice to set up a few functions and I cannot seem do it.
problem #1
can anyone tell me if I can set the Treo 650 up to "come up" with the rapid dial screen when I turn the phone on. Sort of like the Treo 300 had when you just open the lid...it just automatically gave you a list of your most frequently called numbers and then would allow you to find other numbers from your address book by just typing the person's name or number. That was a huge advantage that the Treo 300 seems to have over the Treo 650 for me. The 650 doesn't seem to have an address book anymore but only a contact book. Please help
problem #2
most of the time when I try to load some simple software onto the Treo 650 it gives me an error message that states it is "incompatible" even when I attempt to load the Palmone Memory Updater to help the memory expansion problem with the 650. It won't do it. I also seem to get things automatically loaded on the expansion card during quick install and some on the 650 harddrive quick install...even when I don't yet have an expansion card yet. How can I control where it goes? I have over 13 mbs of memory available in the harddrive and don't necessarily want to get an expansion card yet. Do I need one? Is it essential to have for some medical programs that previously fit on my Treo 300.
problem#3
Does Palmone still give out free expansion cards? How do I get it?
Problem #4
How can I get a free ringtone for Ohio State University?
Problem #5
Who do you call to get some support for Treo problems. Sprint seems to give me poor help
Problem #6
My Treo 300 actually gave me better phone reception than the new Treo 650. Should this be the case?
There has to be some Treo users out there that went from a Treo 300 to a Treo 650 and are having some initial user problems like me.. PLEASE HELP
We can take it off the forum if you wish

Much thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Upgrading from Treo 300 to Treo 650 HELP PLEASE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Upgrading from Treo 300 to Treo 650 HELP PLEASE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.