Question

Upgrading a Dell Inspiron 530s

Hi and please answer these questions
I have a Dell Inspiron 530s (2009 Model) with specs of
Intel 2 duo 2.53ghz, 500GB Hard Drive, 2GB of ram.
And I'm not sure how much ram it can hold and if it takes DDR, DRR2, DDR3, ram because i am looking at buying a 8GB of ram that is DDR3 and i want to make sure its the right kind before i buy it and the other thing is that if i can put a Intel core i7 with 3.40GHz and with a Intel HD Graphics 4000 go into the motherboard or do I need to upgrade the motherboard. So please answer these questions I really need the info.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Upgrading a Dell Inspiron 530s
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Upgrading a Dell Inspiron 530s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
forgot something

and the Intel core i7 has a H2 socket

- Collapse -
No
- Collapse -
Answer
Frankly?

Tell what you need to boost the machine to do. I can see this running a few games if it had the RAM maxed out and a better video card but what you asked about the CPU, motherboard would cost as much as a new PC.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Upgrading a Dell Inspiron 530s

Hi

If you upgrade your PC then it require all the changed to your motherboard & it takes more costly.
So i recommended to purchase a new motherboard & configure the PC in your needs.

Thanks

CNET Forums