Question

upgraded to IE9 - Video download will only download ads

Have windows 7 - FLVPlayer4Free Free FLV Player V4.4

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: upgraded to IE9 - Video download will only download ads
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: upgraded to IE9 - Video download will only download ads
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Maybe that player ...

isn't compatible with IE9. What happens if you go back to IE8 by uninstalling IE9 from Control Panel?

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
need help to downgrade to IE8 or change setting in IE9

I upgraded to windows IE 9 - I do not know how to restore IE 8
I also upgraded the Toolbar for downloads Now
I can only download ads. with most attempts I get a message showing video name, size, and it says "READY". then a separate box "Video Download Toolbar" states "No more data available."
I have tried adjusting the security settings on IE9, but now I can only download advertisements. Is there another setting I need to adjust in IE9 to get the same downloads I received under the older version of IE?

FLVPlayer4Free Free FLV Player V4.4 and Toolbar
Windows 7 home Premium
HP p367c - Intel Quad CPU Q8300

- Collapse -
Re: how to downgrade

I already answered you question above. I'll repeat it.

What happens if you go back to IE8 by uninstalling IE9 from Control Panel?

Kees

- Collapse -
partial downloads with IE8

thanx kees - I did not know IE8 would be automatically restored if I uninstalled 9. Learned something new.

will now download some videos, not all as before update. Is there a setting in Options I need to change?

CNET Forums