Question

Upgrade video card on stock Dell Optiplex 745 SFF

I want to upgrade the video card on my stock Optiplex 745 SFF

SPECS:
Current Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 965 (Graphics Core: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz
RAM: 2GB
Power Source: 275 Watt D280P-00
PCI: 1 Low Profile
PCI Express x16: 1 Low Profile 75 Watt maximum
OS: Ubuntu 11.04 (could easily be dual booted with XP/Vista/maybe 7)

I
already know it needs to be a low profile one, I just don't know what
all my options are with the current power supply. I also don't know what
my options are for upgrading my power supply if I need to in order to
support a better graphics card.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Upgrade video card on stock Dell Optiplex 745 SFF
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Upgrade video card on stock Dell Optiplex 745 SFF
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
You already have the answer

You already have the answer, as it clearly says that the video card cannot draw more than 75W, so you're limits are whatever you can find in a low profile config that uses no more than 75W total.

- Collapse -
How did i overlook that?

Wow. HA! thanks I dont know how I overlooked that.
I read on another forum that this card would be the best for the power limit on my slot

Newegg

It's only a 60-65 watt card and its low profile so it should work with my current configuration right?
also if you know of any stronger low profile cards could you list them for me?

CNET Forums