General discussion

UPDATES - June 25, 2005 - Windows Antispyware Build 1.0.614

Quick Info

File Name: MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe
Download Size: 6658 KB
Date Published: 6/24/2005
Version: Beta

Beta 1 Versions
Since releasing Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) on January 6, 2005 (Build 1.0.501), we have continued to receive feedback from customers. We introduced a first beta refresh on February 16, 2005 (Build 1.0.509) which enhanced some of the real-time protection agents, added new threat categories, and improved stability and performance.

In this second beta refresh [(Build 1.0.614), we’ve made other enhancements to the detection and removal capabilities, including improved Winsock LSP removal capabilities and support for long descriptions of categorized software. In addition, we have also extended the Windows AntiSpyware beta expiration date to December 31, 2005.

Existing users of the beta (Builds 1.0.501 and 1.0.509) will receive a software update that extends the expiration date and includes the enhancements to the detection and removal capabilities. The second beta refresh is also available for download through this site.

The user must be an administrator to install this application. To check the version number, click About Microsoft AntiSpyware… on the Help menu.

Download and more info in http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&DisplayLang=en

Release Notes: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/releasenotes.mspx

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UPDATES - June 25, 2005 - Windows Antispyware Build 1.0.614
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UPDATES - June 25, 2005 - Windows Antispyware Build 1.0.614
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
second one

In reply to: UPDATES - June 25, 2005 - Windows Antispyware Build 1.0.614

I am confused. I updated yesterday to 1.0.613, is this another upgrade to 1.0.614? I just tried after seeing your post using that gcasSWUpdater and it did not find anything. It did work yesterday for the 1.0.613 update. Hope you can clear this up for me. Thanks

Collapse -
You can download the installer again from MS site

In reply to: second one

and install it on top of current version if the updater can't detect or if their server has not given you the 614.

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: You can download the installer again from MS site

OK I will download it, the updater is not giving it to me. Thanks

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're welcome!

In reply to: Thanks

Collapse -
still 613

In reply to: (NT) You're welcome!

I downloaded it from the microsoft site and after installing on top still had 613. So uninstalled and reinstalled and still have 613. I figure it has not gotten to all the servers so I just need to wait maybe till tomorrow and try again. I thought I would post this in case anyone else is having the same problem. Thanks

Collapse -
same for me but i uninstalled 613

In reply to: still 613

reinstalled from download now 614Grin

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) mine stated at 613?

In reply to: You can download the installer again from MS site

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i had to uninstall 613 go get 614 to show

In reply to: (NT) mine stated at 613?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Same here ... but I always uninstall and reinstall ...

In reply to: (NT) i had to uninstall 613 go get 614 to show

Collapse -
Belarc Advisor 7.0p

Collapse -
MVPS Hosts File update 06/25/2005

Collapse -
Good HOSTS file ...

In reply to: MVPS Hosts File update 06/25/2005

MVPS, when combined with Spybot S&D hosts file, just keeps getting better ... without being excessively draconian ...

Collapse -
So far I'm only using

In reply to: Good HOSTS file ...

Spybot's myself but I am thinking of combining this one with it. It's on my list of experiments. LOL My current experiment is Ewido. The guard is only good for the trial period but the scanner will still be free and updatable after the trial so between that and a-squared I'm fairly well covered for Trojans. One experiment at a time so if something messes up, I know what caused it.

Collapse -
I hear you ...

In reply to: So far I'm only using

but I have been combining Spybot's and MVPS hosts files for some time now and really like it ... currently (today) its 319KB and doesn't mess with too many web sites I like ... unlike hpGuru's which takes a ''harsh'' approach to too many sites I visit ... but to each his own ...

Collapse -
Making the switch from hpguru to MVPS.

In reply to: I hear you ...

Jake, I'm going to give the MVPS hosts files a try per your comment about hpguru being too restrictive, which I also find to be true from my experience. You seem a level-headed guy, who doesn't make rash decisions, so I'm going to give it a go. What can I loose? I can always switch back to hpguru, right? LOL.

Collapse -
Update avast! 4.x VPS, avast32 VPS

Collapse -
Ewido SS #1259

Collapse -
sorry Donna

went to link provided and d/l.
after exiting exisiting MSAS ran it and came up with version 1.0.613 again.

Collapse -
Not sure what happen there David

In reply to: sorry Donna

You can try to refresh the program:

MS Antispyware>Help>About>Diagnostics>Click OK
Close MS AS. Exit MS AS then launch it again. Check the Help>About again to see if it will show 614 now?

If still show 613, try Mark's work-around by uninstalling 613 and install the 614 installer.

Collapse -
didn't work.

In reply to: Not sure what happen there David

will uninstall and re-install.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I see. Good luck with the uninstall/install process David

In reply to: didn't work.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) david download from donnas link then reinstall

In reply to: didn't work.

Collapse -
Microsoft AntiSpyware definitions update

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware Beta 1 Build 614

Definitions: 5729

Collapse -
got to definition 5727

In reply to: Microsoft AntiSpyware definitions update

after un install and reinstall newer version.

version now is 1.0.614.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Same for me ... 5727 is all I get ...

In reply to: got to definition 5727

Collapse -
went back and did it again.

In reply to: (NT) Same for me ... 5727 is all I get ...

no change to 5727.

oh well, no more carefree surfing......

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) says 5727 most recent

In reply to: Microsoft AntiSpyware definitions update

Collapse -
Guys, I got 5729 in all systems I have here

In reply to: (NT) says 5727 most recent

Collapse -
Must be ...

In reply to: Guys, I got 5729 in all systems I have here

I can't get beyond 5727 ...

Collapse -
Jake, do you have the latest 614??

In reply to: Must be ...

after I installed 614 I got the 5729 updates.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.