15 total posts
BOClean FILE DATE : 2008-07-26 11:52:05 (UTC)
TWENTY SIX new nasties for a total of 59011 **UNIQUE**
infectors (324,190 variants of these including
trojans,worms,bots,hijackers,downloaders,spam proxies, rootkits, adware,
spyware,keyloggers,"dialers" and other malware in total) covered in
today's update for BOClean 4.27.
Please also note that if you ever miss an update (or several) the update
you collect includes **ALL** previous update information. There is no
need to go hunting down other updates. The current one is always complete.
AVG Program update 8.0.0156 - July 25, 2008
At the time of this post, this was only listed on the AVG paid page and not the free page
Program update AVG 8.0.0156
New recommended program update is available for download.
July 25, 2008
AVG Search-Shield component modification
AVG Search-Shield component was modified so that it marks known bad sites only. It now does not scan immediately each search result online for new exploits. Full protection against exploits is still available through the AVG Active Surf-Shield component, that checks pages as they are visited. This will minimize the web traffic when searching on Google, Yahoo! and MSN Live Search.
Fixes & Improvements
* Improved texts for events attributes in Alert Manager displayed in AVG Admin Console.
* Added new feature to the AVG Firewall Configuration Wizard that enables users to update their Firewall configuration according to the latest AVG application definitions without the loss of user changes made in the AVG Firewall configuration.
* Added new contacts.
* Improved detection of former Lotus Notes/MS Exchange plugins installations during AVG setup.
* Fixed crash during the update process.
* New rules generated by the Firewall ask dialog are stored correctly even if the AVG Firewall configuration dialog is opened.
* Fixed problem with the AVG Firewall configuration import/export after configuration update.
* Fixed AVG Firewall crash when network configuration is changed.
* Fixed multiple displaying of the AVG Firewall area detection dialogue.
* Fixed problems with detection of some external USB DVD/CD drives.
* Fixed problem with inactive components after update.
* Fixed possible corruption of transferred data when the Web Shield is enabled.
* Fixed a possible crash caused by the Web Shield.
* Fixed problem with switching to small font size in Microsoft Internet Explorer after closing AVG User Interface.
* Fixed repetitive backup of scanned files by Vista incremental backup service.
* Improved parsing of Google advertising URLs.
* Fixed problem with link scanning if tag is presented on a web page.
* Fixed problem with ambiguous translations of some applications' names in Firewall.
* Fixed problem with Whole Computer Scan on systems with damaged or not initialized partitions.
* Fixed problem with crashes during the infected archive scanning.
* Fixed problem with Firewall import of a new profile deleting the original settings.
* Implemented localization of the error messages for the e-mail clients.
* Fixed possible problem with inactive WebShield after AVG update.
* Implemented detection of newer version of Opera cookie.
* Fixed problem with security vulnerability (reported by Sergio Alvarez) that could cause the scanning engine crash on specific samples.
* Implemented AVG Toolbar compatibility with Firefox 3.0.1.
* Added new format of email certification.
* Fixed problem with crash on some corrupted NSIS archives.
* Firewall upgrade converts also application rules that include only names of *.exe files within the path.
* Fixed problem with MSN authentication.
Restart may be required after update.
Latest ClamAV? stable release is: 0.93.3
Total number of signatures: 374118
ClamAV Virus Databases:
main.cvd ver. 47 released on 23 Jun 2008 18:20 +0000
daily.cvd ver. 7832 released on 26 Jul 2008 02:24 +0000
Added later to TrojanHunter update
Also added later 181417 for LiveUpdate only
This update adds 31 new trojan definitions:
Norton AntiVirus 2006/2007
Virus Definitions created July 26
Virus Definitions released July 26
Defs Version: 100726b
Sequence Number: 83990
Extended Version: 7/26/2008 rev. 2
Total Detections (Threats & Risks): 2003189
AVG - AVI 270.5.6/ 1575
Added detection of new variant of Worm/Feebs, new variants of trojans BackDoor.Hupigon, BackDoor.VB, Downloader.VB, PSW.Agent.
July 26, 2008
AntiVir Version: 7.00.05.176
pls help me....
Good morning, just new user on this forum. i would just like to ask what to do if there is Several warnings appear as i scan my avira antivir.
Prior to that the usual WARNING appear is only 2 warnings.. then now there is 174 warnings. but there is no virus detected. what should i do in order to get rid with those several warnings? does this affect my comp system? i'm just worried what to do?
Hi & Welcome!! This Is Updates Info Page.
Normally only post HERE for comment/problem/? about listed Updates.
Please repost your questions from Forum Front Page by using New post Button so as to start your own thread (which will be seen by many more
responders & get quicker replies). Thanks.
CORRECTION: Use "Create New Thread" Button! :D
This is was the report..
End of the scan: Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:08
Used time: 34:43 Minute(s)
The scan has been done completely.
18060 Scanning directories
358115 Files were scanned
0 viruses and/or unwanted programs were found
0 Files were classified as suspicious:
0 files were deleted
0 files were repaired
0 files were moved to quarantine
0 files were renamed
93 Files cannot be scanned
358022 Files not concerned
2367 Archives were scanned