15 total posts
Latest ClamAV? stable release is: 0.93.3
Total number of signatures: 361001
ClamAV Virus Databases:
main.cvd ver. 47 released on 23 Jun 2008 18:20 +0000
daily.cvd ver. 7760 released on 20 Jul 2008 02:11 +0000
BOClean 4.27 released July 18, 2008
1. Solved problem in Windows PSAPI routines which caused corrupted memory allocations and "BOClean not responding" errors on "piggy programs."
2. Removed erroneous error messages on update failure.
3. Fixed excluder to ensure "windows services" could be excluded even if not actually running.
Windows For Workgroups 3.11 (Win32s required)/95/98/98SE/ME/2000/Server2003/XP (32+64)Longhorn Server/Vista any incl 64)
Note to Vista users: If the installation reports "not responding" the install is proceeding and will be back to you in a few seconds. This is the result of Vista losing track of the window.
Note: PLEASE make sure you read the directions on this.
BOClean FILE DATE : 2008-07-20 13:19:21 (UTC)
TWENTY EIGHT new nasties for a total of 58703 **UNIQUE**
infectors (323,552 variants of these including
trojans,worms,bots,hijackers,downloaders,spam proxies, rootkits, adware,
spyware,keyloggers,"dialers" and other malware in total) covered in
today's update for BOClean 4.27.
Please also note that if you ever miss an update (or several) the update
you collect includes **ALL** previous update information. There is no
need to go hunting down other updates. The current one is always complete.
AVG - AVI 270.5.3/ 1563
Added detection of new variant of Win32/Bagif, Worm/Kelvir, new variants of trojans BackDoor.Rbot, Sadenav, Vundo, Downloader.Adload, Downloader.Tibs.
July 20, 2008
avast! 4.x VPS (released:20.7.2008, version: 080720-0)
Norton AntiVirus 2006/2007
Virus Definitions created July 20
Virus Definitions released July 20
Defs Version: 100720c
Sequence Number: 83745
Extended Version: 7/20/2008 rev. 3
Total Detections (Threats & Risks): 1963361
TrojanHunter 5.0 Ruleset Update - July 20, 2008
An updated TrojanHunter ruleset is available. This update adds 18 new trojan definitions:
Licensed TrojanHunter users can easily update using TrojanHunter's LiveUpdate utility. If you are using the trial version of TrojanHunter, please see http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/updating/ for instructions on how to update to the latest ruleset.
You should have 180821 rules.
Avast! 4 Home/Pro Version 4.8.1227 - July 19, 2008
* improvements in some unpackers (WinExec, SFX CAB, LHARC, ZOO)
* check for critical system files is now performed even in the on-access scanner (as a prevention of false positives)
* command line scanner (ashCmd.exe): fixed displaying of directory count
* Windows Vista: during a scan of system drive, duplicate entries are now handled correctly (symlinks)
* Explorer extension process (ashQuick.exe) now ends immediately after aborting a scan
* fixed a bug in SMTP alerts (adding of random characters to the address)
* verification of digital signatures now fixed even for the on-access scanner (Windows Vista and Windows XP x64)
* fixed the setting to disable checking of infected files during on-demand scans
* Enhanced UI: it is no longer possible to delete a default task by using the Delete key
* solved a synchronization problem that could potentially lead even to a hang of an avast component (e.g. the Outlook plugin)
* Windows Vista SP1: solved an issue in the kernel driver aswSP.sys (problems during system shutdown)
* added a workaround to a compatibility problem with NComputing NCT
* Standard Shield: improved handling of exceptions
* improvements in the rootkit submission system
* mail scanner: fixes in IMAP handler (Thunderbird)
Download Home Version:
Download Pro Version: