General discussion

Update on White Dot saga....

So I have some new info to report on the White Dot problem. This info pertains to the HLT-5076S model but may also be relevant for your model as well.

First, the (brief) history...I have a HLT-5076S that I purchased in October of 2007. I started seeing the white dots on my 5076S about 3-4 months ago (June of 2010). I checked with 1-800-SAMSUNG sometime around mid-July and was told that my model was not covered for this issue. I continued to follow the issue on this and other forums and saw where some folks had a little bit of luck after writing letters to the president of Samsung. I wrote such a letter and mailed it in late September/early October. I did not hear back from anyone at Samsung related to this letter.

Now, a few days ago I saw on this forum where a few people had reported Samsung to a consumer protection agency in New Jersey and as a result had received a call from Samsung offering to fix the white dot issue. With crossed fingers I decided to call Samsung again.
Fortunately, with this call I was able to get some results. After speaking with the initial customer service rep, I was again transferred to the Executive customer service where I was told that Samsung <b> would </b> cover this issue for my model on a case-by-case basis. They are sending someone out this week.

So, if you have called and been told that your model is not covered, I HIGHLY recommend calling back. Mention that you've called before and hopefully you'll get some results.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Update on White Dot saga....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Update on White Dot saga....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info