General discussion

UNxxB7000 UNxxB8000 3D Support Firmware Update Not Possible?

I'm sure this has been disgust before but I failed to find it.

Is Samsungs first generation "LED" TVs not 3D capable EVER?!

What is the limitation of the TV? That it cant be patched to have a firmware to support 3D? The Sony PS3 is getting a firmware patch to play 3D content. Exactly whats not allowing the 6000 7000 and 8000 LED TV's play 3D content?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UNxxB7000 UNxxB8000 3D Support Firmware Update Not Possible?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UNxxB7000 UNxxB8000 3D Support Firmware Update Not Possible?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
oops...

errrr.... "discussed" I love spell check Wink

- Collapse -
UNxxB7000 UNxxB8000 3D Support Firmware Update Not Possible?

-Tolik,

The 3-D processing that is done inside of the television makes it not possible, as well as the new HDMI 1.4 High Speed requirement. Firmware can't install the hardware. I can't speak for how the game consoles will be addressing this, but even they may also need 3-D televisions to play the 3-D content with the patch.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
oops.. to clarify....

The above post from me refers to the 2009 television models.

I didn't want to answer the question and cause confusion. Sorry about that.

Not all 2010 models will have 3-D capabilities either, and that also will be something that the consumer will not be able to add to, or upgrade to later.

--HDTech

CNET Forums