Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Unsubscribing from newsletters

by January85 / November 22, 2010 5:46 PM PST

I don't have anything subscribed in my newsletter central or whatever, but still I keep getting newsletters from CNET like once a week?

What's going on?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unsubscribing from newsletters
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unsubscribing from newsletters
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Two questions...
by John.Wilkinson / November 23, 2010 12:55 AM PST

1.) Are the newsletters being sent to the email address associated with the username January85 or another email account? It may be that you've registered with two email addresses over the years, and you are signed up for some newsletters by default.

2.) Could you post the subject line and brief excerpt of one of the newsletters? CNET sends out some announcements that are not considered newsletters and are managed elsewhere on the site, so it may be a different setting you need to update.

Let us know.

Collapse -
by January85 / December 6, 2010 4:14 AM PST
In reply to: Two questions...

Subject: Chat live with CNET editor John Falcone about internet ready game consoles

TV is getting smarter. The things you love about TV and the Internet are now together on one screen. Smart TV instantly lets you watch favorite shows and movies, easily surf between channels and Web sites, and interact with TV like never before... etc.

The e-mail address for this newsletter is xxxxxx@xxxx.xxxxx.
To update your account, please visit our Newsletter subscription center.

Unsubscribe from this e-mail | Newsletter help | Privacy policy (updated)

Collapse -
(NT) And are the emails being delivered to the account that you registered username January85 with?
by John.Wilkinson / December 6, 2010 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: ok
Collapse -
Hi January85,
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 6, 2010 8:38 AM PST

The newsletter for the CNET Ask the Editor announcement was sent to those who are subscribed to CNET Membership newsletter. Were you subscribed to that newsletter a month or two ago and just recently unsubscribed to it?

You can unsubscribe from it directly from the newsletter sent to you or I can unsubscribe to it for you. Either way just let me if you want me to do it for you.

Collapse -
by January85 / December 7, 2010 5:15 AM PST
In reply to: Hi January85,

Like I said, I haven't been subscribed to anything in at least 6 months... with the exception of trying one newletter (Cheapskate Tech Deal Alert) on and off to see if it changed anything. It didn't.

The e-mails are being delivered to the account I registered my username with. I got the confirmation about that one subscription I tried on/off for one minute. That e-mail was called: "Your CNET newsletter selections".

Collapse -
by January85 / December 7, 2010 5:18 AM PST
In reply to: Hi January85,

Also, I don't want to unsubscribe every one of those hundreds of newsletters ne by one. I consider this spamming from your part. Please fix this issue and don't just pretend that it doesn't exist. Thank you.

Collapse -
I'm not trying to pretend anything...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 13, 2010 6:52 AM PST
In reply to: Also

I'm here to help you in anyway possible to figure out why a newsletter is being delivered to you when you are not subscribed to the CNET membership newsletter or any other CNET newsletter.

Will talk to the newsletter management team about this.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?