Software that is installed, but doesn't run, doesn't make a laptop slower, unless the hard disk is VERY full. So if you delete some, you won't see much difference in performance.
That being said, don't delete anything that starts with Adobe, Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, Realtek or Synaptec. That leaves others, of course, that you might delete. Let's see.
- Only you can tell if you OpenOffice (Writer, Calc, etc) for word processing, spreadsheets, presesentations and such. Maybe you never write a document, or you MS Word, or Wordpad, and maybe you never use spreadsheets. If you really don't need it, you can uninstall it.
- It's unlclear what Atom is.
- Byte-fence is not related to AVG, so that's unclear. Is there a comma missing?
- There are a lot of programs with a name starting with "Cyberlink Power", but none that have exactly that name and nothing after it. So that's unclear also.
- If you don't need the HP documentation, you can delete it. But are you sure you never will need it?
- If you never use the advices from HP advisor you can delete it.
- It's unclear what games, power manager, quick launch and setup are.
- You only need Java is you're a programmer, which I doubt. It's safe to uninstall.
- LabelPrint looks like a program to print labels. If you never use it, you uninstall it.
- Lightscribe is software related to burning (and printing on) cd's and dvd's. If it's the only such program you have, I shouldn't delete it.
- Power2go is part of Cyberlink also. Also for burning disks. Having 2 seems unnecessary.
- Windows live folder share is part of of Windows Live. Read about it in http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Windows-Live-FolderShare-7543-program.aspx . Then decide.
My laptop is really slow lately (Windows 7) and I wanted to delete some softwares but I don't know which ones I need and which ones I don't
Adobe AIR,Adobe Flash Player,Adobe Reader, Adobe Shockwave,Atom,AVG
Byte-fence Anti-Malware, Intel Control Center,Cisco LEAP Module,CyberLink Power,HP Advisor,HP documentation,games,power manager,quick launch,setup,Java,LabelPrint,LightScribe,Microsoft.NET,Microsoft Silver light,Microsoft Visual C++,Open Office,Power2Go
Realtek Ethernet Controller,Realtek Wireless,Synaptics pointing device ,windows live folder share
Yup that's it