PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Unmountable_Boot_Volume Errors .. please help!? ;)

by AsiaBiz / October 23, 2005 6:11 PM PDT

Well, another problem with my 4 year old Samsung Sens P10 notebook.

I had a hard disk failure about 1 year ago, and have a warrantee on the HD, but, my back-ups are also gone for the disk .. so, I REALLY need to get the notebook up and running again. Being in Thailand doesn't help either, since the usual solution by Thai techs is to re-intall Windows ... Sad

I always P2P my 2 notebooks with the Samsung being the master and the other notebook being the "slave" with a single LAN cable sharing one internet connection.

Everything was basically fine, altho the Samsung gives me errors often, but the problems go away .. not this time Sad

After I left for Japan, my staff went to boot up the Samsung notebook after it was disconnected from the HP notebook (which I took with me to Japan) and they got the same problem over and over.

It will begin to boot up, and then get to the WINDOWS screen and after 1 min or so,it displays and error screen so quickly it is impossible to read, and then goes back to the initial BIOS boot up and RAM check screen .. and will recycle for hours and hours this way. Even when I try to boot up with Safe Mode or debugging mode, nothing happens .. it just cycles over and over.

I finally was able to grab a blue error msg screen and received the message of "Unmountable_Boot_Volume".

What is wrong, and how can I recover the data on this disk if it is indeed not bootable?

Thanks in advance!!!

Greg

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unmountable_Boot_Volume Errors .. please help!? ;)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unmountable_Boot_Volume Errors .. please help!? ;)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Unmountable_Boot_Volume Errors.. Please Help
by AsiaBiz / October 23, 2005 6:35 PM PDT

I followed some advice from another forum about using Repair console, but, was NEVER given any chance to get to the console with Repair as in the past.

I just get the install start on C: ...

This time the problem seems worse ..

I get the following message ..

"An error occurred while Setup was updating partition information on:

38155 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR].

Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3. "

What can I do?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What do you do for anti-spyware and the like..?
by jackintucson / October 24, 2005 2:32 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.