Phones forum

General discussion

Unlocked, jailbroken HD2

by Drew2430 / May 19, 2010 4:22 AM PDT

I've never owned a jail broken phone before so I'm kinda new to all this stuff. I'm close to buying an unlocked and jailbroken HD2 for use with AT&T. Can anyone tell me what features I will not be able to use, where would I get apps, will I have 3g coverage, can I use this phone as a mobile hot-spot and ANY OTHER USEFUL INFO. i would greatly appreciate any knowledge you guys can share.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unlocked, jailbroken HD2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unlocked, jailbroken HD2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Pepe7 / May 19, 2010 2:31 PM PDT

Keep in mind the term 'jailbroken' really only applies to iPhones.

That said, you should visit for info on Windows Mobile in general, in addition to learning about your new hardware and specific apps it can run. Yes, there is software you can install to turn it into a mobile hotspot. You also get the option to load a custom ROM to increase the phones performance. XDA forum is the place to visit for this info. WMexperts is another decent place to have a look around.

Which version of the HD2 do you have? You will only have ATT 3G coverage if your handset has the appropriate 3G (UMTS) frequency bands for ATT service. That means you need 850/1900 UMTS. AFAIK the two international versions are either 900/2100 or 850/2100 UMTS. Even the Telstra version won't help you in areas where you would need 1900 UMTS. T-Mobile version has 1700/2100, so EDGE will still work, but that seems like a pricey handset just to get EDGE.

Collapse -
by prabu86 / June 3, 2010 10:08 PM PDT
Collapse -
by pronky / September 5, 2010 6:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Hi!!!

nice sharing ........i recently unlock my phone using codes here

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?