General discussion

Unlocked CDMA

Aug 14, 2006 2:06AM PDT

I want to bring over a Japanese phone to the United States. My service in America, Sprint PCS, is obviously only CDMA which makes things complicated. But, I have heard there is way for people to "unlock" CDMA using certain software and hardware. Can anybody inform me about this?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unlocked CDMA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unlocked CDMA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
don't kid yourself
Aug 14, 2006 2:59AM PDT

unlocking is a gsm term.....drop the subject

- Collapse -
Huh?
Aug 14, 2006 4:01AM PDT

There's no such thing as unlocking a CDMA phone. BUt you just said you want to bring a phone from Japan over here to use on Sprint. So you're trying to make a GSM phone work on Sprint's CDMA network? Not possible either.

CNET Forums

Forum Info