Computer Help forum

General discussion

Uninstalling an Update.

by lktgdt / September 15, 2004 2:13 AM PDT

How would I uninstall Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Uninstalling an Update.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Uninstalling an Update.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just asking. Why do that?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 15, 2004 2:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: (NT) Just asking. Why do that?
by lktgdt / September 15, 2004 2:20 AM PDT

Is this something that I should keep?

Collapse -
I would. Here's why.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 15, 2004 2:29 AM PDT

One of the annoyances I've seen for years is how poorly Microsoft handled corrupt images, documents, video and so on. It's always been a theory that such crashes by such corrupt images could be exploitable.

The code leak a year ago of Windows source code effectively demonstrated that issue was not hallucination with exploits with... a bitmap. Such was fixed, but not for Windows NT 4.0 and prior as well as Windows 95 and prior.

You may have not read why this patch came out so I'll ask you look into that.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: I would. Here's why.
by lktgdt / September 15, 2004 2:30 AM PDT
In reply to: I would. Here's why.

Thank you! I will keep it!!

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Just asking. Why do that?
by lktgdt / September 15, 2004 2:38 AM PDT

Sorry, I read about and it said XP Service Pack 2 was not affected. Is that right?

Collapse -
Why SP2 is not affected.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 15, 2004 3:16 AM PDT

It's a post-SP2 patch.

You may need to look into and read how Microsoft issues patches. I'd rather not cover that in this small space.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Why SP2 is not affected.
by lktgdt / September 15, 2004 4:35 AM PDT

THANk YOU for explaining...

Collapse -
Re: Uninstalling an Update.
by vze4p6c2 / September 15, 2004 12:59 PM PDT

Depending where u downloaded it... If not sure, you can just go to:

Win XP: Start, All Programs,Accessories,System Tools, and click on Systed Restore.

95, 98, Me: Programs, Accessories,System Tools, and click on Systed Restore.

Then you just have to select the dave before you've installed the update. That will delte everything you did during that date.

Hope im being useful..

Collapse -
Re: Uninstalling an Update.
by glenn30 / September 16, 2004 1:31 AM PDT

Iktgdt, I cannot answer the uninstall question. This update came up for me today at the Windows Update site as an urgent update using SP-2. I downloaded it at Microsoft's urgency. I note it does not appear as a hotfix in the normal Add/Remove programs list. Don't know where it went or if there is an uninstall procedure. Windows Update indicates the download was successful as did the closing screen of the download page.

I'm a little baffled but since I have it will keep it seeing no other alternative.

Glenn

Collapse -
Addendum... latest Microsoft info update :)
by glenn30 / September 16, 2004 2:11 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?