Phones forum

General discussion

Unhappy with the Motorola E815

by Dani17 / November 5, 2005 12:27 PM PST

I recently switched to Verizon a week ago and I purchased the Motorola E815 and I dont think its a good recommendation. Although it has a 1.3 Megapixel camera like the VX9800, 8100 and the Samsung a950, the quality is horrible. My friends have the VX8100, which also has a 1.3 megapixel camera, and the quality of the pictures are 10 times better than the E815. I took a picture in a club with the flash on and it came out grainy and a bit scrambled. When I sent the picture to a friend, who happens to have the VX8100, the picture showed so clear and perfect on his phone. Another problem is that this phone is known to have defects which should have deferred me from it in the first place. The alarm on my phone is defective. Although I set it correctly, put the volume on 7, it doesn't work. I knew I set it right because when I was with T-Mobile I had the V600 and it works EXACTLY like the E815, which is very common with Motorola phones. The E815 is a bad choice if the use is for more than talking, but then again why would you purchase this phone if it wasn't for the extra features. You would be better off getting a much cheaper Motorola phone. Im actually taking my phone back tomorrow and getting the a950. GO WITH THE A950!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unhappy with the Motorola E815
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unhappy with the Motorola E815
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BS to the max
by DrThodt / November 26, 2005 6:29 AM PST

First of all you can not judge image quality because the same picture you took on your E815 displays better on a 9800, that doesn't mean the E815 takes horrible pics. Secondly I have seen EXCELLENT shots on howardforums from E815. Its an E815 not a V710. A950 is a multimedia joke. Your camera might just suck, exchange the phone. Several people have done this and end up with a great camera better than what they expected.

Collapse -
Screw Motorola
by dave1973 / November 27, 2005 2:41 AM PST
In reply to: BS to the max

Since my experience with the Motorola 120c and my brother's experience with the Motorola V265, I overall find Motorola phones junk for Verizon Wireless. I find they don't handle weak signals well like my Samsung a650 does. I have an upgrade coming up in July of next year. As long as these 2 phones are still available, I'm looking at the Nokia 6256i, which recently came out, and the Samsung a950. I could careless about the camera on it as I prefer my digital camera over a cameraphone. If the wireless services had custom phones available, like Circuit City & Best Buy do with Compaq/HP PC's, then I would jump to the opportunity, because I don't want a camera on my phone.
I mainly look at reception as the first thing, and thinking about the built in mp3 player that's on the Nokia 6256i & Samsung a950. Also both have bluetooth; Samsung only for headsets and Nokia a full bluetooth phone. I'm leaning on the Nokia for now because of the external antenna, which I prefer, while the Samsung a950 has an internal antenna. I've never used a phone with an internal antenna, which is fairly new on CDMA phones, while it's been around for a while on many GSM phones. For what the original poster uses his phone, I could careless, but I would stay away from all Motorola. My experience hasn't been good at all.

Collapse -
Steer Clear Of The A950...Horrible Reception!!!....
by Psych Doc / November 28, 2005 2:47 AM PST
In reply to: Screw Motorola

...And, after all, isn't that the primary purpose of a cell phone?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.