HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Unfit For Command

by David Evans / August 3, 2004 12:41 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unfit For Command
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unfit For Command
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Unfit For Command
by Mark G / August 3, 2004 12:54 PM PDT
In reply to: Unfit For Command

if he gets elected the FREE USof A is in big trouble
i hope with all my might for four more yrs

Collapse -
by Diane Harrison / August 3, 2004 3:05 PM PDT

But will Michael Moore give it equal time so "the truth" will be known? Surely he can see how sorely he is needed to do another "documentary" here! And maybe Linda Ronstat and The Dixie Chicks can sing the theme song. . . "Dirty Laundry." For his followers, the theme song is already out: "Here's Your Sign". . . .

Collapse -
Speaking about books, David...
by J. Vega / August 3, 2004 6:06 PM PDT

Speaking about books, David, how about John Kerry's book "The New Soldier"? Just for grins, I checked the prices for collector copies at alibris.com. $2,502.95 for a mint condition 1st edition hardbound (1 available). A paperback copy can be had for the bargain price of just $499.95. Interesting turn of events with that book, a canidate for President not wanting voters to read one of his books.

Collapse -
Interesting link here J :)
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:27 AM PDT
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=NewSoldier

And a poll from that site:)

Should a man who falsely accused American troops of atrocities serve as Commander-in-Chief?
Sure 2578 (3.98%)
No 5902 (9.10%)
Hell, no
56365 (86.92%)

View other poll questions
Collapse -
by Mary Kay / August 3, 2004 11:33 PM PDT

And there's more, lots lots more. Enjoy, Michael Moorons, lol
I don't care how many M's you have after your name, why would you make this comment?

Collapse -
Why?
by Dan McC / August 4, 2004 3:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Unfit For Command

To be insulting to those whose politics differ from his own, Mary Kay.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Thank you
by Mary Kay / August 4, 2004 3:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Why?
Collapse -
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:19 AM PDT

Mary Kay, Why don't I see that same comment form you about Josh and DaveK when they make derogatory statements about Bush? Is it because YOU agree with them?
Glenda

Not trying to start anything, just curious.

Collapse -
by Josh K / August 4, 2004 4:23 AM PDT

Glenda, kindly show me one post in which I called Bush supporters morons.

Collapse -
You may not........
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:28 AM PDT

use the term moron Josh, but you sure imply it.
Glenda

Collapse -
PS.......
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:30 AM PDT
In reply to: You may not........

want to show me where I said you called Bush supporters MORONS?

Collapse -
Re: PS.......
by Josh K / August 4, 2004 4:37 AM PDT
In reply to: PS.......

This thread started with DE calling Democrats "Michael Moorons." You tried to compare that attack on Democrats with posts some members (including me) have made that are critical of Bush. One has nothing to do with the other. You, DE and everyone else are entitled to your opinions of John Kerry; this isn't about that. So if you want to compare apples with apples, then show me ONE POST in which I or any other member of this forum have called Bush supporters morons just for being Bush supporters.

Collapse -
LOL Again with the MORONS????
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: PS.......

said what I had to say:) Bye:)

Collapse -
No problem, I understand
by Josh K / August 4, 2004 4:42 AM PDT

You think criticism of the Bush Administration is comparable with calling Democrats "morons."

I get it now.

Collapse -
I'd be happy to
by Josh K / August 4, 2004 11:25 PM PDT
In reply to: PS.......
Collapse -
Re: I'd be happy to/ LOL
by Glenda / August 5, 2004 12:04 AM PDT
In reply to: I'd be happy to

This is really bothering you isn't it? Sorry, But I just don't have the time this morning:) Bye
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: I'd be happy to/ LOL
by Josh K / August 5, 2004 12:05 AM PDT

In other words, you can't. Thanks for admitting it.

Bye to you too.

Collapse -
Nope, try again
by Josh K / August 5, 2004 11:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: I'd be happy to

That was a reference to the man himself, not his supporters.

Collapse -
Re: You may not........
by Josh K / August 4, 2004 4:31 AM PDT
In reply to: You may not........

OK, then show me where I have implied that anyone who supports Bush is a moron.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Read the PS:)
by Glenda / August 4, 2004 4:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
by Mary Kay / August 4, 2004 5:21 AM PDT

Glenda, you missed the point, I was referring to his comment "Michael Moorons" and he was addressing thoses of us who disagree with him.

Collapse -
Get a Free Chapter of "Unfit For Command"
by David Evans / August 4, 2004 9:56 AM PDT

Apparently this is "The Purple Heart Hunter" chapter.

Get it here

Click on the link, they'll email the chapter to you. I did, curious about this one.

DE

Collapse -
by David Evans / August 5, 2004 10:50 AM PDT

Whoo boy, this really stinks!

Here's some more...

DRUDGE learns from UNFIT FOR COMMAND that if Kerry's superior officers knew the truth, they would never have recommended the [Silver Star] award:

"Admiral Roy Hoffmann, who sent a Bravo Zulu (meaning "good work"), to Kerry upon learning of the incident, was very surprised to discover in 2004 what had actually occurred. Hoffmann had been told that Kerry had spontaneously beached next to the bunker and almost single-handedly routed a bunkered force in Viet Cong. He was shocked to find out that Kerry had beached his boat second in a preplanned operation, and that he had killed a single, wounded teenage foe as he fled."

"Commander Geoge Elliott, who wrote up the initial draft of Kerry's Silver Star citation, confirms that neither he, nor anyone else in the Silver Star process that he knows, realized before 1996 that Kerry was facing a single, wounded young Viet Cong fleeing in a loincloth. While Commander Elliott and many other Swiftees believe that Kerry committed no crime in killing the fleeing, wounded enemy (with a loaded or empty launcher), others feel differently. Commander Elliott indicates that a Silver Star recommendation would not have been made by him had he been aware of the actual facts."

Developing....

Sheesh!

DE

Collapse -
What we need, RB2D2...
by J. Vega / August 5, 2004 7:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Unfit to criticize.

RB2D2, what we need to examine the situation and decide for ourselves is not the opinion of snopes, but All, I say again All, of Kerry's records. That should take care of everything, including those Purple Hearts. But Kerry still won't release everything. I should think that if there is no problem with letting the public see them, he would be quite anxious to release everything, not just selected parts, and put these matters to bed. Why has he not done this? I would think that he would be quite willing to do so.

Collapse -
I ask again....
by C1ay / August 5, 2004 8:59 PM PDT
In reply to: What we need, RB2D2...

What legitimate reason, if not for something to hide, could Kerry have for keeping the records secret? If all is as he says he has everything to gain and nothing to lose by showing them? Why?

Collapse -
Privacy?
by Dan McC / August 6, 2004 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: I ask again....

Just a thought.

Dan

Collapse -
Funny how...
by J. Vega / August 7, 2004 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Privacy?

Funny how the Democrats didn't say that when they wanted Bush's records. Bush released his, so why won't Kerry?

Collapse -
by reptar / August 6, 2004 3:07 AM PDT

Senator McCain has denounced this attack on Kerry. At least we know where Kerry was during the Vietnam conflict.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.