TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Undecided between 46" Sony LCD KDL-W3000 and XBR4

by javi23 / December 12, 2007 2:40 AM PST

I'm going to buy a 46" Sony LCD bought I cannot decide what model to choose. I'm torn between the W3000 model and the XBR4. The only difference I was able to find between these two is that the XBR4 has the 120hz refresh rate.

Here are the models just in case you want to see them:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=15846W3000&search=KDL46W3000&tp=161&tab=review

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=146350&i=158KD46XB4&search=xbr4&tp=161&tab=review

Where I live the XBR4 is always $600-$800 more expensive than the W3000 (even on sale). Is the new refresh rate technology on the XBR4 and the floating glass style worth paying the extra money, considering I also planning to buy a 32" Sony 32S3000 for the master bedroom?

Thank You very much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Undecided between 46" Sony LCD KDL-W3000 and XBR4
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Undecided between 46" Sony LCD KDL-W3000 and XBR4
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
xbr 4 or 4671f
by jizwiz / December 12, 2007 2:58 AM PST

Almost the same here, except i'm looking at buying an xbr 4 or the samsung 4671f. The samsung looks way much better side by side of the sony but I never had any problems with all the sonys I've ever owned. The reason I like the samsung is the piano black around the tv unlike the sony with the glass and the black border. with the sammy your more concentrated with the picture not the surroundings.

Collapse -
Though Sony TVs have justifibly reputation, their new XBRs
by NM_Bill / December 13, 2007 11:28 PM PST

are being posted about as problematic, especially XBR4s. The actual, real world effect of the 120hz refresh rate is usually nil.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?