Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Unconfirmed news story

on my local radio station heard this morning:

British Olympic swim team discovered that their white bathing suits custom designed for the Olympics become completely see through when wet. Patches were inserted by seamstresses rather than replace the suits.

Kinda strange that they would try them on for size and yet never 'test' them in the water ahead of time. LOL Looked on google for a link to this story and couldn't find any so, who knows if this is true? If nothing else, it was good for a laugh on my trip home from taking my daughter to the Greyhound Bus terminal at 6AM.

TONI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unconfirmed news story
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unconfirmed news story
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: apparently true...thank you, Cindi

In reply to: apparently true

I was laughing so hard in the Jeep coming home in the dark and in the rain that I was afraid I would drive off the mountain. Some things just really strike my funny bone and I chuckle all day over them....this was one of those times.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: and (trans)parently 1/2 fixed?

In reply to: apparently true

#Now I've sewed extra Lycra panels into the chests," said seamstress Christine Spencer, who carried out the alterations on the 16 swimsuits#

Mz spencer thinks they won't climb out of the pool?

Collapse -
Re: Unconfirmed news story

In reply to: Unconfirmed news story

It sounds reasonable. Not that many white bathing suits around for general use, much less than those that must be ultra light weight and form fitting for competitive swimmers.

True or not, it's a cute story! Happy

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Unconfirmed news story - what, no film at 11? ;-)

In reply to: Unconfirmed news story

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.