The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Uncensored show = A HOAX

by harrietj / October 4, 2006 11:38 PM PDT

Call me cynical, but I think that whole uncensored show ?mistake? Thursday was a hoax. It worked perfectly; it got everybody posting on the site and probably led to many more people subscribing to the Podcast.

Reminds me of the whole Janet Jackson/Super bowl incident. Does anybody really think that was a mistake, a day before she was coming out with a new album?

A. Smith

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Uncensored show = A HOAX
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Uncensored show = A HOAX
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Coming to you in the mail
by cardsbb9 / October 4, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

Your tinfoil hat needs to be replaced.

Collapse -
seconded
by gamegeek90 / October 4, 2006 11:56 PM PDT

if they were trying to be controversial they wouldn't have brought up some of the things they did- way too personal.

Collapse -
Tinfoil Hats really do work!!
by harrietj / October 5, 2006 12:02 AM PDT

They protect you against those secret BOL/CIA mind control waves Wink

Collapse -
haha!
by robstak / October 5, 2006 12:31 AM PDT

funny comparison, but did bol really need a ratings boost?

Collapse -
Respect
by th3dot / October 5, 2006 12:54 AM PDT

Two words: Respect Veronica.

I genuinely think she made a mistake and apologized. Now people have to respect V and let this go. Please stop the BOL gang and CNET bashing, it's pure nonsense to think about promoting a regular daily podcast in releasing an unedited podcast.

We had our laugh, V had her nightmare, and we should just go on listening BOL by supporting their work not making false accusations.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I think you're taking this way to seriously :-0
by harrietj / October 5, 2006 1:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Respect
Collapse -
OOPS
by th3dot / October 5, 2006 1:48 AM PDT

I feel like a father protecting his daughter. I get it now. *laughs at himself* >.<

Now... when is V releasing an album, I didn't know she was going to. I'd love to listen to that album! xD

Collapse -
To what ends????
by DROrr / October 5, 2006 8:50 AM PDT

Why would they want to artificially increase ratings with a stunt like that???

Collapse -
I really doubt it
by SantiagoCrespo / October 5, 2006 11:05 PM PDT

As far as I know, Tom, Molly and Veronica are human beings.
As Human beings they are prone to making mistakes every now and then.
I think they made an honest mistake when they inadvertently posted a raw sound file instead of the edited one.
I think everyone here is making a big deal about it even though it isn't.
I would also like to tell Tom, Molly and Veronica that it is OK to screw up every now and then, they have jobs to do and a mistake here and there is bound to happen.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) maybee you're part of the conspiracy ???? LOL
by harrietj / October 6, 2006 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: I really doubt it
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well, do you think I am too?
by cardsbb9 / October 6, 2006 12:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is that a confession ???
by harrietj / October 6, 2006 1:44 AM PDT
Collapse -
Who Cares?
by semrar / October 6, 2006 6:42 AM PDT
In reply to: I really doubt it

It really doesn't matter whether it was a mistake or a dastardly plot to increase traffic in the forums. The podcast was great -- a real cluster.... of stories! I do admit I missed hearing the voice mails.... but not enough to listen to it again in the sanitized version.

Kepp up the good work.

Richard (another psychologist)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?