1. LAN Stops working (slowly seems to die) to what i believe is due to a windows 7 update.
2. I reinstall drivers nothing seems to work for it.
3. i reinstall windows still doesn't work, i install linux works fine.
4. I install Xp and 7 at different times doesn't work in either, still works in linux.
5. Try to get wireless to work on windows works for a bit then gets disconnected.
6. buy a new Intel nic, was working until a windows xp update it stopped working before the SP3 update.
all internet connections on windows will not work even after re-installation. They will sometimes work fora bit then eventually get a yellow exclamation mark. they are receiving the DHCP from the router. Ive tried to enter it manually but still no go.
any suggestions please
I have an asus (m4a785-m) motherboard, with a Realtek 8112L onboard lan(although ive seen it refered to in the os as RTL168-9/8112d in linux and windows).
My lan was fine up until a few weeks ago when i belive a windows 7 update made it fail, it slowly started to fail. the connection would drop every so often. The LED's were not working then and a yellow exclamation mark appeared over the network icon. After rebooting the LED's worked again but the internet did not, i was getting a DHCP ip. I reinstalled windows and it still would not work. eventually I installed Linux .debian. and it works fine in linux never having a problem.
I tried everything i could think of in windows reinstalling drivers, uninstalling drivers, renewing ntsch, renewing ip, and i tried a wireless card via usb, it would work for a bit and stop working ( same with the LAN in windows).
i eventually buy an intell card it worked fine in windows XP until i updated XP, it was before it updated to SP3. and now this card has stopped working in windows altogether and I have no idea what the deal is...
if anyone has any suggestions please respond!
ps ive also tried the router its an apple airport, which has been acting weird for a while the wireless will stop working randomly. but the lan seems fine. ive tried unplugging it and resetting that aswell.