General discussion

Unattended Windows Xp installation

I am having one hard disk with 3 partitions C: D: E: respectively. I am doing unattended windows installation. In winnt.sif file if i select AutoPartition=1 and Repartition=Yes, then it will remove all the existing partition and create one (CHappy for windows installation.

My question is HOW can i format and install windows in the C: drive only with unattended installation. I dont want to touch D: E: drive during new installation .. Is it possible.. Below is my winnt.sif details

[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"
AutomaticUpdates=no

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
Repartition=Yes
UnattendSwitch="yes"
WaitForReboot="No"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=190
OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
XResolution=800
YResolution=600
Vrefresh=60

[UserData]
ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
FullName="farry"
OrgName="home"
ComputerName="FAREEDHOME"

[RegionalSettings]
Language=00000409
LanguageGroup=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=""

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unattended Windows Xp installation
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unattended Windows Xp installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: unattended installation

Whereever you got this file from, see what it says about the exact meaning of autopartition and repartition. Generally, 1 = yes and 0 = no.

Kees

- Collapse -
what

This is not the answer of my question

- Collapse -
My answer is

that I expect that at least one of the 4 possible combinations of autopartition = 0 or 1 and repartition = yes or no will accomplish what you want. But I don't know what combination(s) that is or a. So the second part of my answer is the advice to research or try it yourself.

Maybe somebody else here knows by head or is willing to research or try it for you. But that's not sure.

Kees

- Collapse -
About the unattended installation script.

Hi !!!!

I have my way of resolving the auto partition issue.

what I have done is, I have disabled the auto partition option by adding a semi colon [ ; ] as you can see in the script. It has definitely worked for me.

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
; AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=No
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx