General discussion

Unable to view music files in Media Share!

Hi, please help!

I've managed to get Media Share up and running on my Samsung TV over a wired bridge connection. I ama able to view and play pictures and movies but when i try and view the music files i get the message 'REQUEST CANNOT BE COMPLETED. Media Play will now return to the main screen', which it then does. I have made sure all relevant files are shared in Windows and on PC Share Manager.

Please can someone shed some light on this, it is extremly irritating!

Thanks very much, Nick.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unable to view music files in Media Share!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to view music files in Media Share!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

nickwing,

What are the music files? Are you trying to play files downloaded from iTunes or from a download service?

--HDTech

- Collapse -

Hi, I've managed to gain access to the music files by resharing them through PC Share Manager, so that is fixed.

Now i am afraid i have no sound for videos or music files accessed through Media Play. Does this have anything to do with audio codecs?

Youe help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Nick.

- Collapse -
Unable to view music files in Media Share! -

nickwing,

It would be an issue if the codec isn't supported in the container. The manual lists the containers that are playable with the PC Share Manager and television combination. It's in the manual, but if you can't find it, post your model number here and I'll be happy to post the page, which shows which audio codecs, video codes and resolutions are supported.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info