Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Unable to "Send" Mail using Windows Mail on Vista OS

by bigeasy51 / November 1, 2009 1:25 AM PDT

Hi folks!
A crazy problem has arisen with my 6 month old HP computer.
My new computer came with Vista Home edition; Windows Mail and Norton Internet Security. I didn't change anything to start with.
I gave both my wife and I "Administrative" rights and the computer was running like a well oiled machine!
For the past 6 weeks, I can receive - but not send - emails. My wife can both send and receive! The issue is compounded because when I create an email and hit send - it goes through the spell checking step. I can watch as the email "flashes" through the Outgoing mail folder and then ends up in the "Sent folder" as all my emails always have. The only problem is that none of my sent emails ever get to their destinations! I know this because I always send a copy to myself and none of them have arrived. Also calling some of my recipients and asking them if they got me emails always gets a "NO" response! THIS PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME WACKO!!!
Here's what I've done to find the problem...
a) confirmed that my outgoing POP3 and incoming SMTP addresses & settings were correct with the Comcast hi-speed internet servers. They were.
b) turned off the Norton Internet Security incoming and outgoing email checking feature. NO change - still can't send emails.
c) painstakingly went through each email address and confirmed that they were all correct. they were.
d) have run a full system virus scan each time an email didn't send. No virus' detected.
e) ran Spybot Search & Destroy each time an email didn't send. Nothing detected.
I'm telling you I'm about to uninstall every piece of virus & security software I have on this box and sue everybody!!!!!
Would you folks please give me a few other suggestions before I maim myself!
Thanks,
Bigeasy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unable to "Send" Mail using Windows Mail on Vista OS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unable to "Send" Mail using Windows Mail on Vista OS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oops
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2009 3:25 AM PST

As you may know, Norton does not tolerate other protection softwares. Uninstall Spypot now and be sure that Norton is not anywhere near it's expiry date.

You may have to reveal what email service you are using. Those with hotmail post too often.
Bob

Collapse -
Hey Bob - thanks for responding to my Win Mail/Vista issue
by bigeasy51 / November 8, 2009 6:02 AM PST
In reply to: Oops

Bob,
The email service I use??? Would that be my Comcast Hi-Speed Internet?
I believe everything you're telling me - but why would I uninstall Spybot?
And why all of a sudden did my protection software start to "flake out" with my email software? ESPECIALLY since my wife can both send and receive using the same software on the same computer "guarded" by the same protection suite from Norton??
BTW - I sent Norton a letter describing the issue....they immediately responded by refunding what I had paid for the software - no questions or nothing. Is this weird or what?
I think I'm going to install the full suite from AVG. Many of my friends have good success with it. ONE QUESTION Bob - should I uninstall the Norton Internet Security suite before downloading the AVG software???
Thanks again for all your help.
Best regards,
Ken
Bigeasy

Collapse -
Why?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 8, 2009 6:28 AM PST

It's a common issue in the forums and your choice in the end. But there are issues with that and OVERLAPPING protection software. I can't write a long explainer for everyone. I hope you understand why.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: can't send mail.
by Kees Bakker / November 8, 2009 6:38 AM PST

If your wife can and you can't I really doubt if it's a issue caused by protection software.

Anyway, the solution seems simple. Make a new account for yourself, configure your email and try to send from there. There's a good chance is works. After all, it works with your wife's account, as you note yourself.

If you want to replace Norton by AVG be very sure to uninstall Norton completely before installing (not: before downloading, if you save on the hard disk first) AVG. And, alas, uninstalling Norton involves more than just uninstalling it from Control Panel. You need to download and run the separate Norton Removal Tool also. It's on http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&ssfromlink=true&sprt_cid=963e7e9e-e723-4334-adae-64777279e15e&seg=hho&ct=us&lg=en&docurl=20080710133834EN

Kees

Collapse -
Re: can't send mail.
by bigeasy51 / November 8, 2009 6:45 AM PST
In reply to: Re: can't send mail.

Dear Kees and Bob!
Thanks for the suggestions and the critical piece of info re: the Norton Removal tool! And I will set up a new account to see if that's a possible problem solver. Wow, wouldn't that be funny.

Geez, this stuff gets harder all the time for us dullards!
Just goes to show...the simplest solutions are often the best.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?