Unable to see mkv subtitles

Hello

Is there any way to see mkv subtitles when playing a movie? My TV is:
ue37d5000p

Thanks a lot

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Unable to see mkv subtitles
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to see mkv subtitles
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I didn't check the manual

But some are trying to embed the subtitles (may not work), have a MKV with multiple subtitles (does not work) and then I keep finding errors in the usual external SRT files. When I find that last error the user almost always exclaims "it works on my PC!" to which we have to go over there is no PC in the HDTV.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Subtitles are supported by Samsung TVs

You should install a media server on your PC to stream your MKV file and your external subtitle file (usually .SRT). Make sure the .SRT file has the same name as your .MKV and is in the same folder. Choose a media server that streams subtitles - Mezzmo, Serviio, PS3MS, etc. I do not recommend AllShare. If you don't see subtitles, then one reason is that your .SRT may be corrupted & your TV may be rejecting it.

- Collapse -
But
- Collapse -
But -

pachoramos -

The TV supports specific codecs. Computers allow you to download new codecs. New codecs are usually not available for televisions, so you have to use the formats listed in the manual.

The SRT file needs to be in the same container, with the same name as the movie file.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Then

I will try then to put srt file at the same place as movie and with the same name. Thanks for the tip

- Collapse -
Thanks

It worked fine Grin

- Collapse -
No.

The current product you are using has one subtitle per movie. That's it.

When this comes up, it's usually some PC user that is used to what we do on a PC.
Bob

- Collapse -
OK, but

It's not only PCs what allows us to do that, DVD players also allow that Wink

But I can live with a lang anyway

- Collapse -
It's a new feature.

It will take time for models to catch up. If you want a shocker, look at what these products did in 2010. It's amazing how far they came in under 2 years.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bob is right...

Only one subtitle file is supported.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Answer
no....

What you have to do is extract the subtitle out of the mkv. On Mac, MKVtools, is a free program that accomplishes this.... Then, you just place that file in the same directory as your mkv, and the TV will know to play it... You just have to make sure its named the same as the mkv, (.e.g, Goodfellas1080p.mkv and Goodfellas1080p.srt). Check the manual though... Not all formats work.. i think .*** doesn't work... So if its .***, you have to convert it to .srt.

CNET Forums