General discussion

Unable to run video files with mts extension.

I am at present using PC XP sp3, with p-4 configuration of 2.8Ghz processor, 82865G Intel graphic controller and 2GB ram. Sound comes fine but the video gets struck at a first or one of the frames. I used VLC latest ver.I am using a screen resolution of 1152X 864 with Samsung LCD 19"monitor.
Even, I tried to convert in to other formats such as AVI, MP4, PAL movie, MPEG2,MPEG1. But what I find is the sound and video do not match and frames become small.
But the same files are being played easily in sony laptop 4GB ram, and win7. Please help me to solve this.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unable to run video files with mts extension.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to run video files with mts extension.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What program do you use ...

to play these same files on your sonly laptop? That same version of that same player program?

Kees

- Collapse -
mts extension files

Thanks for the reply,I use normal windows media player, where win 7 is installed. And discussions on net reveal that win 7 includes support for mts files in media player. I tried VLC , but it does not help and frames come with some time gap of few milliseconds and hence the video appears jerky and discontinuous. When I convert to mpeg2 and play with windows player 11 video plays fine but with reduced frame size.

- Collapse -
Beware that MTS support in 7 is

Incomplete. I've found folk run into this and conversion is still necessary. Be sure to not leave out details about the creator of the MTS files. That is, if it is a Sony AVCHD created by some camcorder you must reveal that or else we have to stick to generic solutions. Also if it is a camcorder then use that camcorder's software if you want a cheap solution. And post in the camcorder forums.

The lack of detail mean no exact answer. I'll mention SDCOPY and SUPER (video converters.)
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info