Question

unable to re-intall windows no disk or start menu

Hi All

When i start up the computer all i get is the desktop picture, there is nothing on there, such as the start menu etc. I have had a look on the net and tried to see how to re-install xp (without a disk - as the computer never came with one (I have a the code for it on a sticker on the side of my computer)) and it tells me look in the I386 folder from my computer. However im unable to get to that folder as my computer just shows the background picture of blue skys and green hills.

Im not fused with having to install everything again as I have everything saved on an external hard drive and have all the install disks for any software on there.

Any help would be received kindly

thanks
Samantha
Advent 3412
xp home

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: unable to re-intall windows no disk or start menu
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: unable to re-intall windows no disk or start menu
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Bad news.

The missing XP CD issue is now well discussed. Can we keep it shorter now?

-> Fast answer. Get your XP CD from Advent.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Your PC, when new, came with ...

CNET Forums