General discussion

Unable to open file

I was able to download the file for rooting htc One M8 but every way I try to open the file it says there are no apps or programs on my device that can open this file. Anyone have a fix for this. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Unable to open file
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to open file
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Back to the site you got that file for more instructions.
- Collapse -
open all files

may be that file is a tarz or other file type,you use root explorer to open this types of file.

- Collapse -
Which carrier?

It may not be possible to root your phone if the bootloader has been locked by your carrier. AT&T for example locks its bootloader, making rooting your phone impossible.

CNET Forums