Ran these programs

Spybot-nothing
Ad-aware-nothing
Ewido-tracking cookie
cwshreeder-nothing
avg-nothing
hjt-nothing

Pinged it sucessfully

Checked the cookies.I do not see a cookie for ewido there.Typed www.ewido.net to allow,bingo.

Why do i have to do this,this is not the norm.

Tom

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Unable to open certain site
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Unable to open certain site
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tom, Provide The Link...Ewido Site Has Changed..

In reply to: Unable to open certain site

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) The first link did,nt work.this does'nt make any sense

In reply to: Tom, Provide The Link...Ewido Site Has Changed..

Collapse -
Which Browser?

In reply to: (NT) The first link did,nt work.this does'nt make any sense

Start by clearing out all Temporary Internet Files and Cookies..(If using Firefox, clear the "Cache" and Cookies.)

Unless you've got a HOSTS file that's blocking the site, there should be no reason why it can't be reached..

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Grif

In reply to: Which Browser?

I have firefox and at every shutdown i clear cookies,cache,saved forms,and history

Also at every shutdown i run ccleaner

Tom

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No host file

In reply to: Which Browser?

Collapse -
Yes, There Is...And...

In reply to: (NT) No host file

...it's called HOSTS (plural, with no file extension). On Windows XP, it resides in the C\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC folder. Even a brand new computer contains one called LMHOSTS.sam and HOSTS or similar. They're sample HOSTS files. All our computers contain at least a 1kb HOSTS file in the location mentioned. You can open it with Notepad.

If the HOSTS file doesn't contain the problem site, then check your spyware programs for a site blocking section. Likewise, check your browser, in this case Firefox, for blocked cookies that may have been added. ("Exceptions" tab at "Tools/Options/Cookies") Or "Restricted Sites" in Internet Explorer.

If you can't reach it in Firefox, can you reach the site using Internet Explorer?

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Grif

In reply to: Yes, There Is...And...

Incredible,it was that stupid tea timer.

"check your spyware programs for a site blocking section"

I checked the settings and in blocked registry changes there was one entry.I did not know what it was but i removed it anyway.Tea timer always has pop ups and i probally clicked on deny.With the pop ups who knows what your allowing or blocking.

Problem solved
Thanx,
Tom

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tom, Good Job & Keep Up The Safe Computing !

In reply to: Grif

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.