General discussion

Unable to down load Adobe Flash if using a 64-bit

Hi,
I have a ACER notebook with 64-bit operating on Window 7 version and everytime i tried to log into a web page with picture or video (infact most of the websites) i encountered a 'prompt message' requesting for a ADOBE FLASH dowload and everytime i tried to download this flash, I am not able to download it at all.

Would someone be kind enough to explain & clarify please !

Thank you
Annsteven

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unable to down load Adobe Flash if using a 64-bit
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to down load Adobe Flash if using a 64-bit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Please tell more.

I have moved all the home machines up to Windows 7 64 bit and don't see this issue.

Can you tell a little more about this one? How would I duplicate the issue?

Here I installed FireFox and Adobe Flash and it's working.
Bob

- Collapse -
Uable to download Adobe Flash

Hi Bob

There is no issue if I am using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as
my web browser, they both are fantastic web browsers, I have both browser installed earlier.

But if I am using the IE 7 web browser with 64 bit, I just simply cannot view any picture.

Anyway, thanks very much for your feedback.

Regards

- Collapse -
IE 7? How did you do that?

Here I ran the flash test on Internet Explorer I launched from the desktop icon Microsoft setup and flash works. Is there something more you are doing here? I wonder how to duplicate this.
Bob

- Collapse -
If you're using

If you're using a 64-bit browser, you'll need a 64-bit Flash. Currently that's only in pre-release testing. If you use a 32-bit browser, the current Flash will work fine.

- Collapse -
Unable to download Adobe Flash with 64 bit

Hi Jimmy,

Noted and thanks for you feedback !

Now that I am aware on the non-compatibility with 64 bit and Adobe Flash, I would rather use Google Chrome & Mozilla Fox as my permanant
web browers as, they both work very well.

Thanks again !

Regards

CNET Forums

Forum Info