General discussion

Unable to create system restore point in Windows 7

Even though the process of creating a restore point successfully completes (so it says) when I go and look it isn't there. In one case I was able to see it but then it disappeared in reboot.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Unable to create system restore point in Windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to create system restore point in Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

Is it Win 7 64 bit ?

Here is the thing, normally any software you install which interacts with system hardware windows 7 will create a restore point by itself. if you are not able to find it then try this,

Right click on My Computer->Properties->Advanced System Settings->System Protection Tab

Make sure under available drives for C: protection should read as "On" If its on or off click on configure button and see the restore settings is not "turn off system protection" it should be "Restore system settings and previous versions of files".. Apply and ok..

If that is not fixing the problem and then let me know..

- Collapse -

It's a 64-bit. In the System Protection Tab the C: drive is "on" and the restore settings show as you said: "Restore system setting and previous versions file"

The system restore dates show only a System Image Restore Point back to November 2010

CNET Forums