General discussion

Unable to connect to Internet, but lan is connected.

HI guys... I have a typical problem in my office. I Have 3 systems and a laptop running win7 professional. In one of the system and laptop, i'm unable to connect to the internet. but LAN connection works very fine. DSL router is connectd to the ethernet hub. All systems can access internet via a pppoe dialer. only one sytem and a laptop is not able to connect to the internet, while the other systems can. pls help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unable to connect to Internet, but lan is connected.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to connect to Internet, but lan is connected.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What I've encountered with PPPoE installed.

Is that it's never a sure thing that your ethernet will work which the PPPoE software installed. I've had to remove such, reset the winsock (google NETSH RESET) and in extreme cases reload the OS.
Bob

- Collapse -
What I've encountered with PPPoE installed.

Actually i reinstalled the OS too... But the thong is LAN connects perfectly. I dont use Any seperate PPPOE Software. I basically use the one which is in Win 7. any how i'll try to rest the Winsock.

- Collapse -
You say you use PPPoE

I've found ethernet to fail if I configure PPPoE. Next time, don't do that.

- Collapse -
You say you use PPPoE

I tried resetting winsock too.. U say not to configure PPPOE. But without configuring it i'll not ba able to access the internet. and also other system running on smae local network installed windows 7 and configured PPPOe woorks very fine and connects to internet

- Collapse -
You say you have a router.

The common setup is to have the router do the PPPoE. If you fall into that trap of "it works elsewhere" then you've fallen into that trap.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info