General discussion

Unable to completely remove Outlook Express

I have tried usting Outlook Express and followed many instructions to set it up but unsuccessful. No matter what information I type in the incoming and outgoing box I always get the error message.

Before purchasing WinXP Pro I had the Home Edition and could program yahoo email as the default email. Now that I am using XP PRO I am unable to that. I deleted Outlook but when I clik on an email link in another website OUTLOOK EXPRESS show up. Please help on how to completely remove it.

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Unable to completely remove Outlook Express
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to completely remove Outlook Express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What's your default email program set to?

Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs tab.

Kees

- Collapse -
unable to remove Outloo Express

It is yahoo. It was program from the link TOOLs and then internet option.

I initially used the Add/Remove progran and removed it initilly.

Thanks

Note: This post was edited by forum moderator To correct typo by user. on 10/19/2010 on 8:58 AM PT

- Collapse -
Yahoo is not an app.

It's a web site. Windows thinks of email as an APP and not a web site.

Yahoo has yet to issue a Windows Email App.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info