General discussion

Unable to complete downloads

I am unable to download programs off the internet. It will download most of file. except for the last couple mb. It then seems to go into some kind of loop. The icon of the page going across to the file is stuck in mid air. and its not writing to the temp folder.. thanks for looking into this problem

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Unable to complete downloads
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Unable to complete downloads
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not Enough Information Given

Which operating system? Make and model of the computer? Where are you downloading the files from? (Give a link.) Which browser are you using? (version, etc.) Have you tried a different browser such as the free Firefox from the link below? If not, please do.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Tried cleaning our all your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies?

Have you tried scanning for malware with either, or both, of the free tools below? If not, please do. Let us know what you find, if anything.

Malwarebytes Antimalware

SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif

- Collapse -
Systems information

HP Model M8200N Processor AMD anthlon 64X2 3.00 Ghz i am running on IE8..I have done a systems clean up, emptied my temp folders.Again I am unable to download from any internet site, I have tried itunes intially, then cnet, I tried to download the foxfire operating system, but again the same result. I can go as far as saving it to my computer and it goes into a loop. if I use the run button, it downloads until a fraction of a mb and then goes into a loop

- Collapse -
Then Downloads Must Be Made On A Separate Machine

Sorry, I still don't see a mention of the operating system you have installed....

Download the files and removal tools on a different computer, then copy them to a CD or flash drive and transfer them to the problem machine..

And while you're downloading on a separate machine, if you're running Windows XP, download the WinsockXPFix tool from the link below.. Transfer it to the problem computer and run it to repair the internet connection software.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/WinSock_XP_Fix_d4372.html

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
vista

I am running on vista

CNET Forums

Forum Info