Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

unable to bott pass scroll Bar

by Bulletrushout / March 23, 2008 8:30 AM PDT

I just ran "sfc scannow" on my system, this procedure requires the xp-pro disk. After process was complete i now have this problem of which I am now unable to completely boot up.The system freezes when the scroll bar is running across the screen. I tried using safe mode but here the worst thing is happening where my icon shows up and when i click on my icon the word "password" shows up but no window for me to write my passwod in and no matter where i click ,nothing happens.
System info is as follows: 850Mhz,XP-PRO, 1024MB

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: unable to bott pass scroll Bar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: unable to bott pass scroll Bar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try take ownership.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 23, 2008 10:36 PM PDT

Take ownership of all files on the drive with -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

-> What's missing in your post is why you ran that repair. Maybe there was the DAN VIRUS and the repair requires the DANDAN virus fixer software. But we can't tell as the story is a bit light.
Bob

Collapse -
unable to boot pass scroll bar
by Bulletrushout / March 27, 2008 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Try take ownership.

Sorry Bob, i was unable to respond on time due to a family tragedy, but next time i will try to give as much info as possible. I did get my system going again anyway. Thanks as always.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.