Question

UN65ES8000F Wireless connection issue after firmware update

Yesterday, I performed software update to 1059.0. After this update, I cannot connect to internet via wireless. If I go to Network Setting, it keeps on searching for wireless access points and just stops without finding any. If I turn off and on the TV and go to Network Setting again, it finds the access points but after 1 or 2 seconds the screen disappears. This is happening right after updating the firmware 1059.0. I noticed that the latest firmware on the support site is the same version so there's nothing to update at this point. I have seen many many posts from other users but there are no solutions. It seems like different models have slightly different issues. But has anyone experienced the wireless issue with UN65ES8000F with 1059 firmware specifically? If so what was your solution?

Things I tried:
I performed factory reset and tried to set up from the beginning. In the Network Setting screen, it does not proceed to the next screen from the list of access points. After few tries of turning the TV on and off, it proceeds to the next screen but after entering wireless password, it skips to wired connection testing (I cannot make wired connection to the TV due to walls). So, factory reset does nothing. I tired both factory reset from Menu and Mute + 182 + power secret menu.
Tried to change from WPA2 to no password. This works temporarily. Network Setting screen just does not proceed to the next screen while searching for the access point like I mentioned. If I turn off and on the TV it works for like 1 or 2 minutes and screen disappears.

The only way wireless is working at this point:
Change wireless setting to have no password -> factory reset TV -> connect to the wireless connection at the beginning of the setup (with DNS 8.8.8.Cool.
However, I do need password for my wireless for security issue and everytime the wireless connection is disconnected, I have to repeat above steps. This should not be a solution.

All other devices connected to my wireless connection works perfectly fine. The only thing that has changed is the Software Update from Samsung TV (to 1059.0). Is there a way to downgrade my firmware? This happens after the update so it MUST a problem with the firmware. I have been using this TV for 2 years now and I never had this problem.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UN65ES8000F Wireless connection issue after firmware update
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UN65ES8000F Wireless connection issue after firmware update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I'm not Sam.

If this was my call I'd get the router WiFi spot at 20 or less feet to the HDTV and be sure what channel the WiFi router was on.

Many folk explode about how these appliances don't have the range of their laptop but it's true. Keep the distance short or better yet get wired.

The airwaves in the WiFi range are getting very crowed today so what worked for years does fail. If you feel this is Sam's fault, make that call. Here I can only share what I do on my call.

- Collapse -
thanks but no luck

thanks for the reply but I have already tested it and no luck. I also tried turing on personal hotspot on my phone right next to the TV but still same problem. It seems like the Samsung's software can't just function normally in the network setting screen.

- Collapse -
Then back to Sam.

Make the call, tell them they broke it and ask for the one time warranty extension if OOW. (Out Of Warranty)

I've been pondering for years how makers are going to stand up to issues like this for OOW units that fail after firmware updates. Some like the Rovi issue is not Samsung's doing at all but a broken patent system.

Remember I take it you are in control of all the WiFi and Ethernet failed too.

CNET Forums