Samsung forum

General discussion

un55c7000 having problems with 3D

Hello,
I have a un55c7000 TV for almost 2 months now. I am currently running the latest firmware version (1022.1). After upgrading the TV to the previous firmware (1021.1), the 3D glasses communication with the TV became unstable. The 3D effect comes in and out as well as the glasses darken and brighten continuousely by themselves. This happens regardless of the source (Blue Ray 3D player (Samsung BD-C6900), Comcast DVR watching ESPN-3D or even watching regular 2D broadcast with 2D->3D function turned ON). Both pairs of glasses behave in the same manner. I also replaced the batteries in both pairs with fresh ones, but the problem still exists. Nothing changed in my setup from when this used to work (nothing is blocking me from the TV, distance to the TV is about 8 feet and without any viewing angle).

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: un55c7000 having problems with 3D
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: un55c7000 having problems with 3D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -

In reply to: un55c7000 having problems with 3D

Jim_00,

You noted that you are running the latest firmware, but upgraded to the previous firmware. Just for completeness sake, did your version go up, or down, and are you on 1022.1 currently?

--HDTech

Collapse -

Thank you for responding. Having re-read my post I can see how it can be confusing. I am currently running on the 1022.1 firmware version. I was hoping that this version will have a fix to the 3D issue I started having after upgrading to the previous version (so I upgraded from the previous version to 1022.1). The version never went down.

Thanks.

Collapse -

Jim_00,

Okay, I see now. I just didn't want to make assumptions and give you an explanation on something that was off the mark.

I haven't seen a lot of issues like you've described, and was wondering if there was anything that might be an interference that you can recall. Was there a microwave running, or other remotes being used when this happens?

The easy answer I could give would be to have it serviced, and that should be a better-sooner-than-later option, but I'm trying to determine if there's something that might trigger this.

If you can't think of anything, then it would be best to have your unit inspected.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: un55c7000 having problems with 3D

Unfortunatelly nothing out of the ordinary was running. No Microwaves or other interfering devices. Nothing changed in the way the room is setup from the time this used to work. Is it possible to go back to a previous firmware version (where 3D used to work)? Would any of the new 3D setting options on the TV affect this (e.g. 3D View Point, Picture Correction, 3D Optimize)? My concern is that having it serviced is not going to resolve this issue. I did check the Emitter while in 3D mode and it does blink (I used a camcoder to see the emitter light).

Thanks.

Collapse -
update:un55c7000 having problems with 3D

In reply to: re: un55c7000 having problems with 3D

I tried the different 3D settings but none made a difference. If I sit about 5 feet from the TV, the glasses stabalize and 3D works. If I backup few feet (back to the couch about 8 feet away) the glasses start to go in and out again.

Collapse -
update:un55c7000 having problems with 3D

In reply to: update:un55c7000 having problems with 3D

Jim_00,

I'm assuming you've tried powering them up while you were back (rather than power then up and then moving back), but if you haven't that's worth a try.

Outside of that, if it keeps happening, and there's not a microwave or fluorescent lighting causing interference, then I would try resetting the TV (holding down the EXIT button until you're prompted to "RESET?") If that doesn't work, then the last option would be to have the unit serviced.

There's no way to revert back to the previous firmware that I'm aware of.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -

In reply to: update:un55c7000 having problems with 3D

Yes, I did power them up while sitting back on the couch, but still the same issue. I did reset the TV (via holding the exit key) but even that did not resolve it. I guess I will call service after I come back from a trip I have to take next week. Or hopefully by then, there will be a new firmware that fixes this issue...

Thanks.

Collapse -
un55c7000 having problems with 3D-Fixed

Good news. I kept going back to your statement regarding interference and finally recalled that I had installed a remote control extender in the room just before the problem started. Although it was not being used at the time, it was pluged in. Once I un-pluged it today, the problem went away and 3D is stable again.

Thank you very much for your excellent support.

Collapse -
un55c7000 having problems with 3D-Fixed

In reply to: un55c7000 having problems with 3D-Fixed

Jim_00,

That's great news. Thanks for posting back. That information helps me help others who might be in the same situation, so I do appreciate it.

--HDTech

Collapse -

This TV is great. It looks really elegant and features outstanding. A big problem, I suppose Samsung did not learn last year that this is not normal to have LED backlighting that creates clouds on the screen. I own models last year and during dark scenes I could not see what can be described as a projection screen to light at least. The LEDs emit white light that is visible on the screen during dark scenes. Well, this TV has the same problem, but the lighting seems more visible than the model of my last year. I do not think it is acceptable for a TV that is $ 3,299 and sold by a company like Samsung.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.