Samsung forum

Question

UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off

by aristo20 / January 3, 2012 11:57 AM PST

Hi,

The last few weeks, I started having issues with my Samsung model UN55B8500. It it hooked up to a Harmon Kardon receiver along with my DirecTV box. The TV needs to stay on HDMI1 for the system to work properly. For more than nine months, everything was fine. I could power ON everything and the cable box, receiver, and TV would automatically power ON and it'll be on HDMI1.

Recently, When I power ON everything, the TV will always now turn ON to the "TV" source. This issue becomes worse as I can't seem to change the source from any of the remotes. So what I've had to do is turn the TV off and then on, to cycle through the next source, which is "PC". Once more off and on cycle gets me to the "HDMI1" source. It seems as if all the buttons on the remote do not work with the TV. I see the LED light flicker when buttons are pushed, but the TV doesn't seem to respond to any of the buttons on the remote.

This issue as mentioned has become a nuisance over the past few weeks, and I'm stuck as to what I can do. If anyone has some suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 5, 2012 9:09 AM PST

aristo20 -

Collapse -
by aristo20 / January 6, 2012 1:36 AM PST

Hi,

I've unhooked everything, from the TV unit and realized that I can't even get to the menu or change the source from the Samsung TV remote. The LED light below the TV flickers when I press buttons on the remote, but nothing happens on the TV. I can only change channels or adjust the volume. Is this an issue of a bad motherboard? I've read in other discussions that this is a problem with a lot of these Samsung TVs?

If I would like to repair this or remedy this issue, can you let me know what the best way I can reach a Samsung technician?

Thank you.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 6, 2012 7:47 AM PST

aristo20,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?