Question

UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off

Hi,

The last few weeks, I started having issues with my Samsung model UN55B8500. It it hooked up to a Harmon Kardon receiver along with my DirecTV box. The TV needs to stay on HDMI1 for the system to work properly. For more than nine months, everything was fine. I could power ON everything and the cable box, receiver, and TV would automatically power ON and it'll be on HDMI1.

Recently, When I power ON everything, the TV will always now turn ON to the "TV" source. This issue becomes worse as I can't seem to change the source from any of the remotes. So what I've had to do is turn the TV off and then on, to cycle through the next source, which is "PC". Once more off and on cycle gets me to the "HDMI1" source. It seems as if all the buttons on the remote do not work with the TV. I see the LED light flicker when buttons are pushed, but the TV doesn't seem to respond to any of the buttons on the remote.

This issue as mentioned has become a nuisance over the past few weeks, and I'm stuck as to what I can do. If anyone has some suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UN55B8500 changing sources everytime I power off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer

aristo20 -

- Collapse -

Hi,

I've unhooked everything, from the TV unit and realized that I can't even get to the menu or change the source from the Samsung TV remote. The LED light below the TV flickers when I press buttons on the remote, but nothing happens on the TV. I can only change channels or adjust the volume. Is this an issue of a bad motherboard? I've read in other discussions that this is a problem with a lot of these Samsung TVs?

If I would like to repair this or remedy this issue, can you let me know what the best way I can reach a Samsung technician?

Thank you.

- Collapse -

aristo20,

CNET Forums