General discussion

UN55B8000XF Samsung HDTV

HELP!

I thought I ordered a UN55C8000 but it turns out that they shipping me a UN55B8000XF (for $2400). The supplier claims that it is 3D-ready and a very good HDTV. HE says that it is a 2010 model (unlike the UN55B8000)with a fullo 2 year warrenty. I cannot find any reliable information on the UN55B8000XF.

Can anyone tell me about this HDTV model? Should I reject the HDTV which evidently has already been shipped, but not delivered?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. John

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UN55B8000XF Samsung HDTV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UN55B8000XF Samsung HDTV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What is the diff tween the un55b8000 and the un55b8000xf

I tried to order the 8000 this morning and the salesperson asked if I wanted the xf model. Of course, I had no clue and canx the order and said that I wanted to find out the difference. I can find no clear information on the differences between the two. the price difference was $200-300.

What is the value here?

Crossroads.

- Collapse -
What is the diff tween the un55b8000 and the un55b8000xf

Members,

There are two scenarios in this situation:

1. RF is the applicable country code. Samsung assigns numbers so that different regions - with different spec needs - have a legitimate difference. The UN55B8000 and UN55B800RF should be the same unit. Some retailers drop the RF, and that's acceptable because they're the same unit.

2. There are SOME retailers who claim that they install a "special chip" to improve the specs that Samsung has offered "on the stock model". Often, they quote exaggerated specifications that aren't passed through our testing standards, so the improvement - often in Dynamic Contrast Ratio - is something that they've decided on, not confirmed by us. I've seen it in the past, and it's a general warning that modified units are not covered under Samsung's warranty.

If someone is telling you the UN55B8000RF is a "different model" or "improved model" over the UN55B800, or the same retailer sells the UN55B8000RF for more money than the UN55B8000, this should raise concern, and I would recommend considering a different retailer.

Some retailers drop the RF for whatever reason, so a legitimate dealer would choose one or the other for the ads, and that's at their discretion. But they shouldn't be selling both model numbers for two different prices. If you see that happening, please post the sites here, and I'll be happy to clarify.

The best way to protect yourself from this is to purchase from a Samsung Authorized Dealer, and a list of those can be found here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/

--HDTech

- Collapse -
UN55B8000XF Samsung HDTV
- Collapse -
Thanks for UN55B8000XF Info

Thanks for everyones comments. I did some more research that confirms it all. I think the situation is now clear.

Thanks again

John

CNET Forums

Forum Info