Samsung forum

Question

UN32EH4000 questions

by rmd12 / September 21, 2012 12:42 PM PDT

This is actually my first TV, as my computer has served all my media purposes up to this point. I pretty much love it right out of the box, I just have a few questions on some minor things I can't figure out.

When I have it on mute, there's a floating mute box that never leaves the screen until it's unmuted. Sometimes I like to keep a game on mute and hope there's a way to get rid of this.

If I'm watching something from media/USB mode and want to pause it and switch to TV (I have just an antenna right now), and go back to media, it resets what I was watching. I'm hoping there's a way to keep it where I left off somehow. I'm also wondering if there's any way to change the display of the files on my USB stick. Some of the files have very long file names and it takes forever for the TV to auto scroll through a long title.

I think that's about it for now. I'm already itching to bump up to 40" but I'd like to play with this for a while. Any help/tips appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UN32EH4000 questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UN32EH4000 questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I use a few workarounds.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2012 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: UN32EH4000 questions

I turn down the volume to its lowest.
I set the audio output to external.

May be other ways.
Bob

Collapse -
Hmm
by rmd12 / September 22, 2012 5:30 AM PDT

Surprised there's not a way to turn off that mute icon, even worse that it floats around. Is this a hallmark of all recent Samsung TV's or just this model? Hope that's not on the 40" 1080 LED that I will most likely upgrade too at some point. Really though being able to pause media, going into a different mode, then returning to media where you left off is what's most important. Still hope there's some way around that.

I guess this would also be a good thread to ask if anyone has a good calibration guide? I've never calibrated a screen before, to me it looks good but I also haven't developed an eye for this yet as I'm just happy to be watching stuff on something bigger and crisper than my few year old Samsung 23" syncmaster monitor. The only issue I've come across is sometimes I'll notice it get a little brighter or dimmer within the scene. I'm guessing its a setting but again I've only had this 24 hours so far.

Collapse -
I turned that mute icon off.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2012 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmm

But I cheated.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.