Rant

UN and Global Tax

http://rt.com/usa/news/un-global-tax-carbon-252/

And the next step is World Government with the US and Western Countries footing the majority of the bill/funding to underdeveloped countries.

Spread the wealth.........or finally leave the UN?
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UN and Global Tax
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UN and Global Tax
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Or it's all fiction. Are you related to Michelle Bachmann

by any chance? Because you make up facts, or make irrational connections just like she did.

Rob

- Collapse -
What did I make up?

I provided the link to the UN and Global Tax issue......I made up nothing. A world government is not beyond the realm of reason as the next step, and I didn't say it was a fact, but if a tax is the first step, what do you see as the second step?

- Collapse -
RE: what do you see as the second step?
- Collapse -
at least he concedes

you didn't make it up.

- Collapse -
Toni and Ahmadinejad?
- Collapse -
And you're happy

with that concept? And what is your post topic line supposed to mean? The New World Order is a George Soros concept that he's been pushing for a long time already....the fact that now Iran's 'leader' is wanting should be telling you something.......are you listening?

- Collapse -
RE: .I made up nothing.

.I made up nothing. A world government is not beyond the realm of reason as the next step, and I didn't say it was a fact, but if a tax is the first step, what do you see as the second step?

And IF it isn't the first step?

Dontcha just hate them IF scenarios, Well YOU used to, in another thread...in fact YOU gave me what for, for using the word IF.

"not beyond the realm of reason as the next step" = IF?

You don't make up stuff you just say what if?

And what is your post topic line supposed to mean?

2 people .......ONE thought?

- Collapse -
(NT) you seem very confused about it all.
- Collapse -
RE: you seem very confused about it all

Why don't you

Splain it to me, Lucy.

- Collapse -
(NT) New World Order? Wasn't that a Bushism?
- Collapse -
no
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/New_World_Order#Origin_of_the_phrase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_%28Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD%29#Source

Other forms, other dreams of "New World Order"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy_theory%29#History_of_the_term
During the 20th century, many statesmen, such as Woodrow Wilson and Winston Churchill, used the term "new world order" to refer to a new period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power after World War I and World War II. They all saw these periods as opportunities to implement idealistic proposals for global governance in the sense of new collective efforts to address worldwide problems that go beyond the capacity of individual nation-states to solve,...

2 Thessalonians chapter 2

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+13&version=NKJV

"Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"

5 And he wasThen I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those[e] who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666. given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue[c] for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe,[d] tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- Collapse -
I remember many casting Kissenger as

That role, as the predecessor of the beast,

Prominent evangelists, sometimes on national media, some considered great relgious leaders by large number of followers, preached warnings against Kissenger and any thing he was associated with.

So who would you cast in the role? since there seems some implication in your post.

- Collapse -
Nobody

One can point to those who would tend to support such a person and such a government and such actions under such a government, but till God is willing for the individual to be revealed, the identity will remain concealed. At some point the individual will be exposed. The question then is if one believes it is a certainty, or a warning of something that could happen at any time too many people are willing to accept such a thing, thereby placing the blame where it belongs, on those who accept it. Is it a possible future, or a definite one? I personally believe it is a definite one at some point in time. Some try to allegorize it to such an extent it becomes a general "what could happen" rather than an exact time and place in the future.

What is the goal of Christians supposed to be? Obviously to warn about it, maybe to fight against it, until either the Christians find themselves removed from the scene prior to the final war, or they perish since it says they will be "overcome". So, should Christians not look forward to those days knowing it signals a short time (some say 7 years) prior to a kingdom of Christians on earth?

There is a scattering of images of the last days throughout the Bible, not just in Revelation. Zechariah 14 is a strong place to look also.

I think when the time arrives, there will be no doubt among Christians about that being the time, even Christ said to look for that day, "even so the more as you see it approaching".

Jesus best advice on it is to not worry about what the morrow may bring since each day has enough worries of it's own. If God wishes a person to be delivered from temptation or time of trial, he'll provide a means of escape.

I do think taking the overall pattern outlined for those days and applying to aspects or tactics already seen in history, we can use that to try and avoid or forestall such a time, maybe push to the future, but I suspect just as Christ came first at a particular time, he'll come again at a particular time and nothing we do will change the date of that, nor sure we should desire it.

Paul said Christians fight against principalities and powers in the heavenlies, so Christians first responsiblity is to stand against immoralities both in our life, and in laws passed which we can influence, to fight corruptions which empowers Satan's aims in this world.

- Collapse -
Re: tex

A Fox exclusive report? Or just a Fox exclusive rumor?

There's a big difference between member states of the UN paying dues to an organisation they belong to and that organisation imposing taxes directly to inhabitants (persons or companies) in those states.

If you're a member of a local club (Rotary, housewifes, chess, whatever you prefer) you wouldn't object to pay certain dues. It's your own choice to be a member. But you would object if they would charge your children, I think.

But, of course, the USA can decide to leave the club, just like you can decide to end the membership of your local club. Wasn't it called "splendid isolation" once in the UK? After some time they decided it wasn't such a good idea, but that was 100 years ago already. Things certainly are different now.

There are a lot of countries who would enjoy housing the UN headquarters. Probably, related organisations like the IMF and the World Bank would follow. Just like the Rotary club probably wouldn't assemble in your restaurant if you as the owner decides to quit.

Kees

- Collapse -
Not every story comes from Fox
- Collapse -
Re: Fox

The link you gave says (first line of third paragraph): "Fox News claims in an exclusive report ..."
And that means it came from Fox. It wouldn't have been exclusive otherwise.

That's all for me. I won't do your google search. I'm a little bit tired of people not reading the links they post after the first 2 paragraphs.

Kees

- Collapse -
No, this one comes from Russia. It is the Russian English

language news source.

"RT is the first Russian 24/7 English-language news channel which brings the Russian view on global news."

"TH - I provided the link to the UN and Global Tax issue" no you provided a link to a Russian site speculating on the linkage of the UN and Global Taxation, a really great unbiased source, "......I made up
nothing." except the speculation "A world government is not beyond the realm of reason as the
next step, and I didn't say it was a fact, but if a tax is the first
step, what do you see as the second step?" I don't speculate on panic situations to which there is no concrete linkage, no evidence whatsoever. You've just swallowed Russian propaganda hook line and sinker, and don't even know it.

It is interesting and important to note that FoxNews is a useful source for Russian ? Transmission, Translation, Twisting, whatever RT really stands for. Just as Joe McCarthy and the other witch hunters did more damage to the US both inside and to its reputation outside the United States, so Fox, even though it was not your source is at least connected to your source.

Rob

- Collapse -
so, you advocate everyone pay

the same dues, since it's a membership?

- Collapse -
Re: membership

I don't remember saying that. And I don't know the UN rules. Could be a per capita sum, for example. Or a fixed percentage of the national income. And maybe the 5 permanent members of the Security Council pay more (because they have more influence). Or less, for the privilege.
As in any club, it's the General Assembly that fixes the rules.

It would be an interesting experiment, to say the least, if the USA should decide to cancel their membership. Anyway, with a Republican majority in the Congress and in the Senate, why not do it? It would save a lot of money. And if BO should veto it, you've got another argument to not vote on him (although I don't think you need one more).

Kees

- Collapse -
What does the RT in RT.com mean? I've tried to find out

but it is resolutely opaque to use your word.

Rob

- Collapse -
(NT) Russian Translation
- Collapse -
(NT) Yeah, thanks JP. I finally got there too. Rob

CNET Forums