Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Um, I just bought a waterproofed Ipod Shuffle (gen 2)

It kind of seemed like a big deal... but I can't find much about it online. SwimMan puts out waterproof mp3 players - minus the ugly bulky cases. It's the only place I could find the actual PLAYER that's waterproof.

So I bought their "Version 3" and when I got it...it was an Ipod Shuffle. I thought it was a mistake... I was sort of tripping out like someone was going to hunt me down or something. So I called, and the verdict is in... "Nope, you got the right product, enjoy...etc"

So it's a shuffle. Without a special case. It's fixed up from the inside. Does anyone have this - because it seriously seems like a big deal.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Um, I just bought a waterproofed Ipod Shuffle (gen 2)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Um, I just bought a waterproofed Ipod Shuffle (gen 2)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Big deal in what ways?

In reply to: Um, I just bought a waterproofed Ipod Shuffle (gen 2)

To me it's a big deal only..if I listen to music in the shower or swimming.

Collapse -
I thought it was obvious!

In reply to: Big deal in what ways?

Big deal as in... it's an ipod, and it's waterproof? I mean... if you could choose between one that doesn't break when it falls in the toilet, and one that does... there's no question for me. And the person who commented on the headphones is right... the price is pretty cool when you figure in the headphones (worth $100) and who knows how much waterproofing's supposed to cost. You're essentially getting a better shuffle, at the same friggin price!

Collapse -
I have never like Apple, but I sure love there..

In reply to: I thought it was obvious!

marketing department though.

Collapse -
$250 for a waterproofed Shuffle?

I guess the big deal is the price. But it does include the waterproof headset. They probably should say that it is a Shuffle, but I imagine that they're not allowed to.

Collapse -
their site

In reply to: $250 for a waterproofed Shuffle?

Looks like SwimMan revamped their site: www.swimman.com ... prices are the same, but looks like they're on the up & up.

Collapse -
a 4th Gen Waterproof Shuffle

I just came across a new waterproof shuffle that is a 4th generation. It doesn't have a case or anything, wondering if you guys had taken a look at it?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.