Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE How to add music to the Chapter page

by mjcan / February 26, 2005 8:04 PM PST

How do you add new music to the chapter page in VS7SE ?
-I can add Wave (.wav) to the music track in the timeline.
-Can't add it to the background music on the chapter page.
-Ulead only gave me one awful harsh music track for the chapter page. a .mpa.
-How and can I convert some tracks to .mpa, that will work on the chapter page ?

Thanks
Mike

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE How to add music to the Chapter page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE How to add music to the Chapter page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Video Studio 7 (full edition)
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 27, 2005 8:13 AM PST

I don't know if this will work on the SE version but it probably will.

When you have clicked on the Share tab and create your Chapters. You will finally get to the Main Menu where you can make some changes to the titles and such. You can also add your menu music here. Look down to near the bottom of the window.

Click on the music symbol icon
Click on "Select a music track for ALL menus"
Make your selection and then after you have done that and you are back at the Main Menu page.
Click on the music symbol icon again.
This time click on "Select a music track for THIS menu"
Make your selection and get back to the Main Menu page.

The program will use the first piece of music for all chapter menus and will use the second piece of music for the Main Menu.

Hope I explained that well enough.

Collapse -
I can add a audio clip but only this one .mpa
by mjcan / February 27, 2005 9:00 PM PST

Snapshot2:

-I can add audio to the main chapter page, but only this one audio clip Ulead provided. It is a 42 sec. drum/piano clip that I have used in so many DVDs that it driving me bonkers !
- If I try to add a .wav file of some other music it says "file incompatibility".
- I am assuming my music has to be in a .mpa format, the right bit rate etc ?
- This one file that I have: (did I mention listening to it is making me crazy?)(HA!) is a 1.11 MB BKFile 000.mpa, that I have no idea what its properties are, (if I have to convert a .wav to it's .mpa format. Which I do not know how to do either !)
- this is the last step in finishing my son's wedding DVD.
- If I can't figure out how to add some other music, I am about to leave it with no music at all.

Thanks for your help:
Mike

Collapse -
Looks DOA.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2005 11:03 PM PST

I have the Ulead software, but haven't run it up to look at your issue. However, looking at http://www.mp3-wav-converters.com/ and it coversion list (page down), the ability to create a MPA is strangely absent.

My bet is you should be able to use some other audio file. Sometimes I find people miss the second box in the File Open dialog and don't notice they can have it list other file types. It's a common oversight and the doh moment passes quickly.

Bob

Collapse -
VideoStudio 7 SE
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 27, 2005 11:41 PM PST

Looks like the problem is the SE version of the program.

The SE (special edition) version is usually included free with other products, such as DVD burners.

Apparently one of the things they left out of the SE version is the ability to convert from wav or mp3 to mpa (mpeg audio).

I have the full version of VideoStudio 7 and it will let me add wav, mp3 or mpa to a menu or chapters.

I could not find a program that will convert from wav to mpa.

Looks like you have the choice to go with no music in the menus or upgrade to the full version of VideoStudio.

Collapse -
It Seems like it is coming together now?
by mjcan / March 1, 2005 7:44 PM PST
In reply to: VideoStudio 7 SE

Snapshot2 and R. Proffitt:

Thanks for your help. I did get music on the chapter page. Here is what I think I found. (HA!)
- .mpa is the mp3 extention.
- Back in the brain somewhere I remember mp3 is the sound format for MPEG I.

I did find a free .wav to .mpa converter, I used it, and low and behold the chapter page took it ! I made 14 copies of my son's wedding, they are now in the mail !

I did have a slight freeze problem at the clip to clip transition. But you know when I get to a point that I am exhausted with a computer project, I let little things like this slide!(HA!)

Thanks all:
Mike

Collapse -
Getting it together
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 2, 2005 12:08 AM PST

Congratulations.

Where in the world did you find that wav-to-mpa converter.

I would appreciate a link.

Some others might be looking for such a program.

And the price sounds right.

I used Ulead Video Studio 7 for two different wedding DVDs. It takes a while to fully understand how to do everything, but it does a good job.

Collapse -
.wav to .mpa converter: Switch 1.04 ?
by mjcan / March 3, 2005 8:53 PM PST
In reply to: Getting it together

Snapshot2:

Boy you asked a tough question. I may have done a Google search to find it like : free .wav to .mpa converter, or I might have downloaded it here at C/net?
It seem I always have a hard time figuring where I have been on the web !

C/net has "Switch 1.04", but I got a lot more utilities with my download, like: "Express Burn", "Express Rip", "Record Pad", and "Switch". it was a 699 KB download,(zip), I just can't figure out where I got it. I checked the properties of "Switch" and it says: NCH Swift Sound\Switch\switch.exe
Hope this helps

Mike

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?