Question

UE48JU6740 48" 4K TV with Vertical Lines, *Please Help?"

I recently bought a tv from a friend of mine knowing it was defective and trying to help him out, I've attempted to repair it but I believe it is beyond my knowledge.
the TV has vertical lines down the screen (they are multi coloured)
I've Replaced the T-Con board but that didn't help at all.
can somebody help me and tell me if it's the cable that's knackered, or if it's the screen itself?
is there any repair I can attempt?
I'm pretty good with computers just have very limited knowledge with TV's.
below are 2 images of the lines down the screen

thanks for any help you can provide!!

Damien

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/7711/DicuHO.jpg , http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img908/9642/K1xbIn.jpg

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UE48JU6740 48" 4K TV with Vertical Lines, *Please Help?"
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UE48JU6740 48" 4K TV with Vertical Lines, *Please Help?"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I see this shipped about 27 Mar. 2015

Why isn't this being repaired by Samsung?

- Collapse -
Proof of Purchase

my friend lost the proof of purchase during a house move and Samsung wont help without it.
it's still fine for me to use as I only use it with my computer.
I'm only asking to see if it's possible to repair it or put up with it as it is.

- Collapse -
Fault

after asking my friend where he bought the tv from, it turns out he bought it from an internet auction himself and he got a good deal on it because it was returned faulty.
when he bought it these lines were not in the screen but a few weeks after he bought it when he turned it on they were there and haven't changed since.

- Collapse -
Could be panel, cables, connections or boards.

No TV tech I know diagnoses on the web but there is some advice my teacher at a shop shared. "When in doubt change the cheapest part first."

If it's a panel, that's what they call BER.

And about TCON boards. that's the internet for you. The answer "it's the TCON" is legendary and not to be believed. At least these are cheap so replace them one by one.

- Collapse -
Just a tip
- Collapse -
Answer
Images
- Collapse -
What happen when you change...

the tv resolution or refresh rate? Or can it be done. Just thinking, I have no idea what I am talking about.

CNET Forums