Samsung forum

Resolved Question

UE46ES6100 internet connection

by cblake843 / June 10, 2012 8:29 PM PDT

I bought a UE46ES6100 last week and have literally spent all week trying to get it connected to the internet. I've tried everything, i can connect to the modem but no futher. My ISP won't help as my PC and laptop aren't work fine. Run out of ideas now. The auto connection doesn't work at all. The manual insertion of IP's allows me to connect to the modem but no futher. I then get a DNS error message , contact ISP. All rather frustrating, i only bought it for the for SMART TV capability.

Any suggestions before i send it back. Any firmware updates to address this. I see only one for the UE46ES6100 on the website , is it worth trying?

cblake843 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UE46ES6100 internet connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UE46ES6100 internet connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Please tell more
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2012 4:16 AM PDT

You wrote you can't access the router which is odd. Is the router yours or someone elses?

You also wrote that "my PC and laptop aren't work fine" which makes me think that a HDTV would not work either.

I'd start over with my router and get my PC working first. Then I would get my HDTV working.
Bob

Collapse -
Clarification Request
complete set up but cannot connect to internet!!!!
by bhing30 / January 30, 2013 11:07 AM PST

hi, my husband bought this model of tv few days ago, set it up correctly and evrything goes so well. we can already use the intenet actually, when suddenly on the second day, without doing anything on the tv, we tried to use one of the feature which requires internet, the tv said check your internet connection. we are using a wireless connection we check it carefully and the message was "internet connection set up complete but cannot connect to the internet. please contact your provider." iam wondering why.. what could e th problem? please help..
thank you in advance Happy

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by cblake843

Collapse -
Re: no connection
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 10, 2012 8:42 PM PDT

- Can you tell the details of "a DNS error message" and when you get it?
- What does the modem/router management page say about the connection if you look at it from a PC or laptop connected via a Ethernet cable?

Things you don't mention at all:
- do you use a wired or a wireless connection from the TV to the modem
- if wireless:
+ do you use a Samsung vetted dongle?
+-did you provide the correct WEP or WPA2 key?
+ does it work if you set the modem to unsecured WiFi (if possible)?

Kees

Collapse -
No connection
by cblake843 / June 10, 2012 9:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: no connection

I've tried both wireless and cable no success on either (same DNS error)
WEP or WPA2 Security Key = Correct
Don't use a Samsung vetted dongle (don't know what this is) , TV was 'wireless ready'.

DNS error message simply says "DNS Error, contact ISP for help" (they won't help).

Can't log on to modem or router tried 1000 times using 192.168.1.1 in browser but won't connect. Haven't tried unsecured WIFI as can't access router.

Collapse -
Re: connection
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 10, 2012 9:20 PM PDT
In reply to: No connection

Let's concentrate on the wired connection. That doesn't need a key nor a dongle. It should just work with the right Ethernet cable. And, indeed, I see in the specs that it has a built-in wireless LAN. So there is no need for a dongle.

Are you sure the 192.168.1.1 address is correct? From a command prompt on a PC or laptop that is connected wired, run ipconfig /all and see what the IP-address of the gateway is. That's what you should use.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!