Question

UE40D7000 tv default Source?

Is there any way to change the default Source when powering on the tv? Every single time I power on the tv I have to use the tv remote to change to the HDMI input for my satellite box. Its ridiculous for such a great set.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: UE40D7000 tv default Source?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: UE40D7000 tv default Source?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try?

Did you try leaving the other ports disconnected?

- Collapse -
Yes

Yes, that's what I had figured out in order to get around this - thanks for suggesting it. My tv doesn't tune in (no aerial at the moment) and I noticed it didn't go to tv, so I tried unplugging the dvd player and that worked.

But that's not a great solution - its too fiddly disconnecting the cables behind the boxes and not really something for everyone else in the house. What's really odd is that the order of the Sources is tv / hdmi / ext 1 / ... - and since tv doesn't work I would expect it to go to hdmi next, but it doesn't - it annoyingly goes to ext1 ! Maybe I'll play around connecting it to different slots.

Its funny because there are so many options for tuning picture, etc. but none to adjust Source - yet I see its been known for a long time. I've seen posts about universal remotes but I'd rather not go down that route.

CNET Forums