HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

UE40C7000 3D TV settings and wifi connection question

by s55ajr / August 12, 2010 11:50 PM PDT

I have just bought a UE40C7000 3D TV and BD-C6900 3D bluray player.
Could someone please let me know the optimum picture settings for this TV please?
Also I want to connect the whole system to my broadband wireless router. The bluray player has wifi built in and has connected fine. I particularly want to use the Samsung feature internet@tv which I can access on my tv using the bd player as source. Will this give me all of the features without the need to buy a wifi adapter dongle for the tv, which does not have built in wifi?
Many thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UE40C7000 3D TV settings and wifi connection question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UE40C7000 3D TV settings and wifi connection question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
UE40C7000 3D TV settings and wifi connection question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 13, 2010 10:28 AM PDT

s55ajr,

The picture settings do vary by such variables as color of the room, ambient light, and size of the room. So not one calibration will fit all needs. That said, many people do post their preferred or "ultimate" settings at the C|Net HDTV Picture Settings Forum.

That can be found here:

http://forums.cnet.com/hdtv-picture-settings-forum/

While the Blu-Ray player is wireless, and you noted correctly that the television is not, data is not transferred from one unit to the other. Both the Blu-Ray player and the TV would require their own separate connections. If you'd like to use the television's Internet@TV functionality, you'd need to either connect wired directly to the router, or purchase the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick for the Wi-Fi connectivity.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by s55ajr / August 13, 2010 10:19 PM PDT

Many thanks for prompt and helpful reply

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 16, 2010 7:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

s55ajr,

Happy to help!

--HDTech

Collapse -
UE40C7000
by s55ajr / August 20, 2010 3:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

I wonder if it is possible to switch on directly to one of the HDMI channels. I almost always view my television through the Sky HD box (UK) which is connected by HDMI cable but to access this I need to go through the source button on the remote and then scroll down to the HDMI. Any shortcut available, please?

Collapse -
UE40C7000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 20, 2010 3:24 PM PDT
In reply to: UE40C7000

s55ajr,

The tuner is an always on connection, and will revert to that, usually if no other input is available.

If you turn your TV off first, and then your SkyHD box, and then turn on the SkyHD box and the TV, does it still come up?

Outside of that, the "always on" status may use that as the default input.

--HDTech

Collapse -
UE40C7000
by s55ajr / August 20, 2010 5:38 PM PDT

Thanks for reply. My SkyHD box is always on when I switch on the TV b ut it always starts with TV (DTV Air. When I scroll down the source list to HDMI2 it changes to that channel automatically (without pressing the enter button on the remote). I can achieve starting with the Sky channel by disconnecting the antenna and leaving the Sky box as the only active connection but then if I do want to use the aeriel connection I have to go to the back of the set and re-connect it.

Collapse -
Just use the power on button ?
by Lenn_ / October 12, 2010 12:08 AM PDT

Hi,

Maybe it's a bit late for this question, but did you try to use the "power off/on" button on the remote to switch the TV on ?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.