Samsung forum

General discussion

UE40B7000 External drives problem

by barnello / November 10, 2010 10:51 PM PST

Hi guys, I have a problem with the external drives such as Hard disks and Usb flash memories while playing photos or other files in the Media Player of my Led UE40B7000

when I open a folder using the Visual Base visualization, the TV only shows some of the whole amount of files in that folder

for example: if there are 3000 songs in my Music folder, only 160 are shown and played by the player... and the same happens with photos ot orher pictures!

can someone help me?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: UE40B7000 External drives problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: UE40B7000 External drives problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe try
by Diligent1 / November 11, 2010 12:36 AM PST

Maybe try pc share manager and see if it works. I know if I share files through Windows Media Player on Vista to my BD-C6500, It shows the folders for videos but dont show the video files in the folder. Photos and music work fine though. Lots of problems with this stuff. Maybe because its stilI fairly new technology for the home. I tried Mezzmo and that worked really good for anything. Its a free 15 day trial and 29.99 to buy after that. I just didnt buy it yet because Im testing things out to see if I can avoid making another purchase. It worked really well though with this player and may work just as well with your device. No problems sharing off externals either. Just have to make sure you select the correct device option when it finds your device and make sure you select the correct Network connection. Ex. Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100, wireless and so forth. If you pick a faster connection than you have, it will only play short clips of your videos and move to the next.

Collapse -
thx but
by barnello / November 11, 2010 12:52 AM PST
In reply to: Maybe try

thanks diligent for you answer but I must use an external HDD connceted via USB because I have problems with my wifi network connection (tha signal can't reach the room where the tv is located)

btw I used pc share manager a couple of times and it always worked well, so the problem is just in the USB connection of an external drive

Collapse -
Ummm
by Diligent1 / November 11, 2010 12:57 AM PST
In reply to: thx but

Im not sure I understand. If PC share manager worked good for you, why not use it?

Collapse -
because
by barnello / November 11, 2010 1:01 AM PST
In reply to: Ummm

because I have to move the tv in another room in order to make it work properly... I did that just once, just to try the PC share manager!

I'll have to buy a wifi bridge sooner or later <-)

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 12:58 AM PST

There's your clue.

Many systems handled the number of tracks that could be displayed on a 2 digit system. Research why CD players only has 99 tracks.

Easy fix. Put your stuff in folders with 99 in each.
Bob

Collapse -
nice!
by barnello / November 11, 2010 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: 3000.

that could be a good solution! gonna try it now!

Collapse -
Sorry
by Diligent1 / November 11, 2010 1:06 AM PST
In reply to: nice!

I got ya now. Thought you meant usb through pc instead of right on your device.

Collapse -
it works!
by barnello / November 11, 2010 4:10 AM PST
In reply to: nice!

it works!

it seems the media player is capable to recognise up to 999 files in a single folder. after that limit it goes in something like an overflow...

however it is really difficult to navigate through files in the media player... isn't there another different media p for this model?

btw any news on the 3002.2 firmware?

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 4:19 AM PST
In reply to: it works!

I only jumped in because I've seen the many thousand file issue before.

I have no idea about future firmware releases as I don't work for that company. Sorry.

As to different media players I really want to get the new Apple TV.
bob

Collapse -
it works!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 11, 2010 9:46 AM PST
In reply to: it works!

barnello,

Another different media player?

Not with an HDD. Your best bet would be to categorize files in relevant folders - that might help break down the process of sorting through 999 files at a time. Maybe sub-folders listing titles A-C, D-F, and so forth might quicken the pace.

I don't have any information for UE model firmware updates.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?